“Gets lots of praise, and deserves it.”
Review of Dockside Bistro

Dockside Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Dockside Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 361 Restaurants in Olympia
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Columbia Ave NW
Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you are only going to eat in one restaurant in Olympia, this is your choice. Excellent menu, very good service, and one of the best wine lists in town. I once tasted a wine there that was so good I had them order a case for me. Its not very large and has a view of the harbor.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner here about two weeks ago. We had a window table with a great view of Puget Sound and we were able to get in with a last minute reservation. My husband had an elk duo and I had a tuna cooked with Asian flavors and noodles with house made dashi, plus the crab chowder for a starter. Every flavor was spot on, the service was attentive without being intrusive, and the wine was excellent of course. We even saw kids eating there (very well-behaved) with their family.

Great dinner place for a date night!

1  Thank marshab13
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A recently expanded lovely little place. Beautiful local art scattered tastefully around this intimate space. Views of the marina, although we were here after dark, so didn't see the boats. Valentine's Day limited menu. "Conversation Piece" was a champagne cocktail with 2 amuse-bouches; these were delicate and lovely. My app was a seared slice of foie gras with a persimmon tarte tatin; it was perfectly seared, with a lightly crispy outer crust, and a melty inner divinity. He got the triple creme Brie and baked quail egg in brioche, which was gorgeously plated and very tasty. Entrees: half-rack of lamb, and elk ribeye duet (medallion and skewer). Lamb was beautifully cooked, and I especially liked the cranberry jus. The big winner of the night was the parsnip brûlée that came with the elk. Yep, parsnip brûlée. I love parsnips, personally, and had never even thought of making them into a sweet/savory custard. It was absolutely fantastic and innovative. Desserts, as too often these days, were merely an afterthought of "black velvet chocolate cake with passion fruit creme." Strangely, the passion fruit creme was very sour. We ate it anyway. Dockside is a beautiful place with very attentive staff and reasonable prices. With two conversation pieces, two appetizers, two entrees, and two desserts, we spent $135 on valentine day, which is pretty darned good. We've added this place to our Top Three in Olympia.

3  Thank Yelm100
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had dinner with friends. Fortunately, were seated before sunset, and enjoyed sunset with views of moored boats and the southern Puget Sound. Service was excellent. We were a bit disappointed in the wine list -- fairly small for a restaurant like this. The food was very good. Small plates or starters would satisfy many people as entrees. Definitely will return to try other menu selections.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband took me to the Dockside Bistro for my birthday and a very dear friend, who had dropped by unexpectedly, joined us. It's a big favorite of hers and we were pleased to include her. The food was wonderful, beautifully presented, and well prepared. As a very good cook myself, I appreciated being wowed. The newly redecorated place is warm, welcoming and charming. This is definitely a place to go when you want something special. Of course, being there with my beloved husband and a dear friend made it even more wonderful.

Been to Dockside Bistro? Share your experiences!