“Poor excuse for a campsite!”

Millersylvania State Park
Ranked #9 of 56 things to do in Olympia
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the highlights of this state park is Deep Lake, a summertime favorite among local residents.
Olympia, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Poor excuse for a campsite!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Over crowded, loud, full of kids, and EXPENSIVE!
We looked at the wrong price online (I mean you'd think the tent camping would be lower than RV camping...) and when we got there we discovered that we'd have to pay $24/night instead of @$12/night. We than asked if we could use the $12 campsite and was told that that space is only for people who 'walk in' and no, we could not park our car in the front lot and walk in. This is completely ridiculous because it is almost impossible to WALK to Millersylvania so they are essentially forcing everyone to pay the higher price while there is a reasonably priced site that is completely empty. This was my birthday camping trip and it had to be cut from 3 nights to down to one due to price and it wasnt even a decent night of camping.
There was also a ton of people here with loud kids running around everywhere. One RV even had an improv concert or something. If you dont think you'd enjoy camping at Chuck E Cheese than dont camp here. I would only pay that much for a campsite if it was isolated in a cool area.
I also so many, many people complaining about the closed down lake activites. They advertise boat rentals and on the last nice week of the season, the rental place had a sign that said 'Be Back Shortly'....and it was up all day.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank lauri648

Olympia, Washington
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Quiet Beauty Close to Home”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The park is a good place to camp or to picnic. Not much grass so get used to dirt. Had small picnic with family.

1 Thank Events247
Port Orchard, Washington
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great for Biking”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here in our tent trailer at the end of September and had a great time. I was suprised tht the RV sites were almost full on Friday and Satuhrday. My kids had an awesome time biking the trailer loop, and I appreciated that I could see them while they zoomed around. The park was clean and the campground hosts were really friendly and helpful. We visited the Olympia Farmer's Market, Wolf Haven, and Lattin's Cider farm and enjoyed all three. I'm sure we'll visit again in the future.

Visited September 2012
Centralia, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Millersylvania State Park”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We didn't stay there. We visited the hostess. The park has a largte lake where men were fishing It is a beautiful, well maintained park with many tall fir trees and rhoddies. There are no septic hookups but a septic dump is available. I would enjoy staying there in my RV.

Visited September 2011
Chehalis, Washington
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Nice Park”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Just your adverage park, the lake is not the cleanest. I have never been able to catch a fish in it but rafting is kind of nice.

1 Thank MustangMean