“Sunset dinners are the best deal in town”
Review of Budd Bay Cafe

Budd Bay Cafe
Ranked #4 of 354 Restaurants in Olympia
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2010

On Sundays through Thursdays, you can get a great deal at Budd Bay. They have a special where you get a soup or salad, a main course, free yummy bread rolls with butter, and a dessert for about 17 dollars. It is well worth it and their service is great. It has an awesome view of the boats. I think they cut the sunset dinners off at 6pm, so if you get there past that time, it is regular menu prices. The food is well worth it because they make everything so tasty. I bring my family from out of town here because it is so pleasant and consistent with the great service and food. It is kid friendly too.

Reviewed June 15, 2009

Lovely cafe on the waterfront. Large building comfortably broken up into intimate seating areas. Solid wine list and reasonably priced.

We ate at this restaurant the evening of graduation at the local college. It was packed but they never missed a beat. The only problem with seating is that most of the outdoor seating is for two persons. I made dinner of four appetizers in order to sample more tastes. Everything was cooked to perfection with my one complaint being that the Teriyaki Beef was a bit too salty.

If you stay at the Phoenix Hotel nearby there is a 10% discount.

Reviewed May 21, 2009

My husband works across the street from Budd Bay so I'm always finagling a way to eat there. I've been at lunch, dinner, cocktail hour, you name it. Every time we go, the place is packed, so we usually sit in the bar area, but have also sat at the window tables and outside on the dock patio. The clam chowder is spectacular, as are the halibut cheeks, salmon salad, etc. Staff is harried but efficient as much as they can be. I love love this place and bring all out-of-towners to enjoy local seafood along with views of the marina and Sound. It's a bit busy for a romantic getaway sort of evening, but great for a typical night out.

Reviewed November 14, 2008

A large group of us ate during the Sunday buffet. There were flies buzzing around, landing on the food. The French toast tasted cross-contaminated (ham?), the bacon was inedible, the roast beef and ham were both bland. The waiter kept giving me a hard time when I asked to have my water refilled. But the worst thing of all was when I emailed the owner to tell him our experience. He was extremely rude and offered no apology and insisted I was the rude one because I called him out on the wait service. It was a very childish response. Needless to say, I will never eat there again.

Reviewed February 21, 2008

I recently had dinner at the Budd Bay Cafe in Olympia. It was an outstanding experience. The staff is friendly and attentive, the atmosphere great, and the food and wine incredible. We arrived at sunset and the view is the best in town. We started with hand muddled margaritas in the lounge. Great! We moved into the dining room and were very impressed with the menu and the service. We started with an Ahi appetizer (beautiful presentation) and then crab cakes and filet mignon for dinner. We had an excellent bottle of wine and the service was fantastic! I recommend Budd Bay Cafe with enthusiasm.

2  Thank OlympiaHawksnest

Been to Budd Bay Cafe? Share your experiences!