“Wonderful!”
Review of Budd Bay Cafe

Budd Bay Cafe
Ranked #4 of 354 Restaurants in Olympia
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2011

When i come to Olympia on business this is my must do for lunch or dinner! EXCELLENT!

Reviewed August 22, 2011

I went to the Bud Bay Cafe with my wife last evening. It's one of Olympia's few supposedly nice restaurants. We sat outside and ordered from the sunset dinner menu. I had a rotelle pasta with cheese and vegetables. When it arrived the cheese was cold and clumped in the pasta. Literally, 1/3 of the rotelle pasta plate was filled with water presumably from the mushrooms that had cooked down or possibly from the pasta that was not well drained. It was totally flavorless and disgusting in it's visual appeal. My wife ordered a blackened salmon with mashed potatoes. The potatoes were cold and hard. I spooned some of the hot water from my rotelle dish onto her potatoes so that they would get moistened. The service could be characterized as somewhere between indifferent and mediocre. The cost of our meal with 3 glasses of wine was around 55 - 60 dollars.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

We want to go to Budd Bay Cafe because it was my Mom's favorite restaurant before she passed and we had been there 21 years ago when we got married. We went on a Sunday about 7:30 on a beautiful night. We were greeted promptly and were able to get a seat outside on the boardwalk. It was a beautiful night!! The restaurant is at Percivals Landing with views of the capital and marina. They are renovating the boardwalk but should be open very soon and will be a wonderful walk. We werent too hungry so we shared a Sunset Meal which was bread, salad or chowder, entree and dessert. It was $17 but would plate it for two with extra veggies/side for $2. We had the citrus salmon which was awesome with broccoli and rice. The sourdough rolls were fantastic. Dessert was icecream or creme brule. Our waiter was very attentive, friendly and offered us good advice on the area. The chowder was fantastic and thick!! The Sunset Meal is offered from 4-6pm daily but it good all day on Sunday. Only a couple times did it take a bit longer then it should have to get refills, tater etc but overall was a fantastic enjoyable restaurant and was the best seafood meal we had in Olympia.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

We ate a fantastic dinner at the Budd Bay Cafe last night. I travel a lot for business and I have a wealth of dining experience. Budd Bay is a top notch establishment. The food, service and ambiance is exceptional. The staff is efficient and welcoming.The quality of the food is excellent. I will definitely return to this fine waterfront restaurant. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was our second choice after the Olympia Oyster House was closed. We were surprised. First do not sit in the booths. They should get rid of them. The other people behind us were squriming around shaking the booth. Sit at a table. The view was great. I ordered the steamed clams and the clam chowder, my wife ordered a goat cheese, chicken and spinach salad. Her order came the chicken was dry so she sent it back. My clams were the best I have ever had and the clam chowder was very good but a bit too heavy with thickener. When she got the new salad, it too was the best she ever had. All in all it was a very good experience.

Been to Budd Bay Cafe? Share your experiences!