“Wonderful restaurant - good food and value”
Review of Budd Bay Cafe

Budd Bay Cafe
Ranked #4 of 351 Restaurants in Olympia
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“Wonderful restaurant - good food and value”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

This little gem is obviously a local favorite! With seating outdoors on a boardwalk this is a must on a sunny day, or not so sunny as there is indoor seating available. Great service, good food at a reasonable price. Not to forget that this restaurant is on the water with nice views. Good reviews come from attentive service, atmosphere and flavourful food. Budd Bay Cafe meets all of the criteria for an unforgetable dining experience. I encourage any visitor to the city of Olympia to take the time to experience this gem. I must say that I again had the crab cakes and they are tasty! This restaurant knows how to cook the veggies...perfect! Now about desert... I had the cheesecake and it was enough to share...I did see the other selections. Yes, they bring a huge tray with samples to your table, so you know exactly what you are ordering. So I would leave it to you to consider this gem... Enjoy!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Blackduck59

“Quality ambience and food”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Locally owned...can't beat it! The sauce on the salmon was to die for. The split charge was reasonable. Highly recommend.

Lewiston, Idaho
“Fresh Salmon, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We went with a small group of 9 on a Saturday evening, in addition there must have been a Prom that night in town the place was packed with prom dresses. We only waited ten minutes for a table. The service was excellent, even for being as busy as they were. Our drinks were always full and everything was hot. The food was great, I would suggest the Apple Smoked Salmon, very tasty. Great atmosphere, located on the harbor, beautiful view especially at sunset.

• Visited May 2011
Bellevue, Wa
“Not good”
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Went in for lunch, waited more than 10 minutes for a waiter even thou there were not a lot of people. We had the apetizer steamed clams , they were ok, it had more veggies in it than clams, ran out of bread and we could not get the waiter's attention to get us some more so we could dip it in the broth, oh well we were still pozitive. We also had the blackened salmon - the flavor was off,(and overcooked) almost no seasoning at all , everybody is different so I cannot blame them for the taste, but what was not acceptable was that fact that it was look warm, it was on the cool side; Same story with the mixed seafood grill - barelly warm. The Cioppino however was pipping hot and was good, loaded with lots of fish and shellfish in it. So out of 4 items on the menu list I can honestly say that only one was woth the money. Needless to say we left on a negative note. I will not go back !

Fort Lewis, Washington
“OK food, TERRIBLE service”
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Went to the Budd Bay Cafe for a late lunch today and there were barely any people in the place, maybe 6 tables total. Server let us sit for a very long time before saying hello and/or asking for our drink order. She was very short with us and unfriendly throughout the whole meal. Water was brought to the table with black chunks floating in it. Server never came back after taking our order so I couldn't ask her for a new glass, had to flag down a busboy who brought me a new water this time with someone elses lipstick on the rim. Finally a runner brought our food out which was fine, nothing spectacular but an ok meal. Our server didn't return until we were completely done with the meal, never once asked how things were and if we needed anything. She merely came to bring the bill and barely uttered a thank you. Having worked in several restaurants as a server I know that this is completely unacceptable. Even if the food was fabulous, which it wasn't, I wouldn't return simply for the lack of service. The view of the water is great but not worth the trip. Go elsewhere.

Been to Budd Bay Cafe? Share your experiences!