“Great Place!”

Wagner's European Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Olympia
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Napa, California
“Great Place!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stopped for a quick meal while on the road. It was 11am which is breakfast for some and lunch for others, however, the staff was willing to go either way which was appreciated although we opted for lunch. We enjoyed very tasty sandwiches with fresh vegetables and cheese on their wonderful bread with a side of delicious cake (apple? carrot?) we could not agree but it was yummy.

• Visited December 2013

Dunwoody, GA
“A great place to stop for lunch”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Travelling from Seattle to Portland a while ago we were looking for a good place for lunch. We exited at the State Capitol in Olympia, and a woman in the museum recommended Wagners. Since then we have stopped for lunch there several times. The lunch menu, while mostly salads and sandwiches offers lots of yummy stuff for lunch, and a great selection of fresh bakery goods to take out. They are very busy at lunch, and the service moves quickly. Their cinnamon bread is one of their specialties, and eclairs, cinnamon rolls, cookies and lots of other great stuff is available.

• Visited August 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Great Treat when visiting the Olympia Farmer's Market”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Wagner's has a stall at the Farmer's Market, so a fun treat is to stop by and grab one of their delectable pastries. The almond horns are delicious: crispy on top with sliced almonds and the almond paste is soft. Goes great with a latte.

• Visited May 2013
Lacey, Washington
“Must Do, If In Town”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I live in a town near Olympia and accidentally discovered Wagner's some time ago. Today was another fun experience. Went to buy someone a birthday cheesecake and my kiddo wanted something too. So much to pick from he had a hard time - the pacman ghost cookie, brownie, crazy cupcake, other dessert breads you see nowhere else... he picked traditional chocolate donut. We went into the sitdown area to eat and got the treat of watching a peaceful protest march going up to the state Capital campus (1 block) away. Grandma with her dog, dad with his daughter all with signs against human trafficking - classic Olympia sightseeing from inside comfy Wagner's. Must do place if you're in town or live nearby. Always friendly and helpful staff.

• Visited June 2013
Olympia, Washington, United States
“Nice little bakery”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Coming from the bayarea in california, I will say we have the best bakeries, so when I was told about this onek, I couldn't wait to try them, first let me say I had the best waffle on a sunday morning there, alittle pricy ( 5 dollars ) for just one small waffle, I also have tried there cakes, cooklies and pastries. Sorry, but they lack flavor, just very ordinary, I felt the same quality was at the local grocery stores. Several times we have gone there ( I keep trying ) and have come away with what seems like stale product. Sorry, but I don't go back anymore.

Visited April 2013