“dinner with 2 college students”
Review of Ramblin' Jacks

Ramblin' Jacks
Ranked #52 of 350 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“dinner with 2 college students”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fried pickles were waaaay too salty, almost inedible. Burgers were fair. Roast beef ordinary. Desserts pulled this review up to average. Creme Brulee and cheesecake were both good.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank dorothys56

Olympia, Washington
“Fun, Unique BBQ!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ramblin' Jacks has a great atmosphere and delicious food! They offer upscale, unique bbq fare! They are very accommodating for large groups or for a table for two. It's a great place for a casual Friday night dinner or for a elegant Saturday night date!

3 Thank Michelle R
Olympia, Washington
“Excellent Steak House, restaurant”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Loved how they use black pepper to kick up the pepper steak. Excellent variety of beverages. Couples/groups, clearly, but I wouldn't take small children there in the evening and spoil the ambience ... yeah, I'm a stuffed shirt.

Visited October 2012
9 Thank SBruce J
Surprise, Arizona
“Good food, excellent service”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had dinner in the bar one evening in October. The food was very good, the portions very large, the service excellent. If we had had a refrigerator in our hotel we would have had some very tasty leftovers the next day. I had the pulled pork and sweet potato fries. The sauce for the pork was just right (the hot-not-sweet sauce). The fries was crispy and flavorful. My dining partner had the daily special, chicken and pork with mashed potatoes; all were very tasty. For dessert we split the key lime pie - lovely! Nicely tart and not gluey, just right, and a nice ending to the meal.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank ALT44
Olympia Washington
“Happy hour in the bar - get there early to get a seat, good value!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I love the follks at Ramblin' Jacks. Without a doubt over the years I have had very good service and great comfort food. Happy hour in the bar is a really good value-chicken caesar salad and pork nacho's are great and cheap! Good wine list, mixed drinks and beer.

I hope they keep their "cheers" ambiance going - the last time I was in the bar with a few friends we had less than a positive experience with a new waitress. I will overlook it because the many, many other times I have been there have been so positive.

Advice- don't take the regulars for granted and lose your friendly vibe - even if you are busy. I highly recommend!

• Visited August 2012