“Great place for beer and eats in Olympia, WA”

McMenamins Spar Cafe
Ranked #12 of 354 Restaurants in Olympia
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed June 12, 2014

McMenamins bars are great. Good food, good microbrew beers, good happy hour if you time it right.
Good service and great atmosphere. The decor in there places are fun and interesting. I'm glad we found this place.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We are fans of McMenamins. My husband and I have the McMenamins passports and are trying to get stamps for all the McMenamins' properties. This is the first visit to this establishment. My husband and I split a Reuben Sandwich and Fries, they were really good. We had great service and the atmosphere was very interesting and fun. The food here is bar food, not really healthy, but they do have salad choices. We will be back if we are ever in this area again.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

It was nice to go in and find a booth available because now the Spar is part of the McMennimen's empire. http://www.mcmenamins.com/633-mcmenamins-spar-cafe-home It really gets busy in that small place. Most every item on the menu is just not food that I care to eat. Heavy, salty, unhealthy bar/pub food...I like their beers. It's a good place to people watch or take out of town family as they have great sized booths and good breakfasts. Service was great for our table and the waiter kindly had the kitchen plate our shared sandwich and salad separately. Our beers were great and they came back when the glass was empty and still smiled at us. Lots of casually dressed business men at the table next to us so we pulled the heavy curtains closed so we didn't have to hear shop-talk. haha

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Now that we've eaten here 7 or 8 times, the food is really hit or miss. Mostly miss. One time we'll go and the fish will be cooked perfectly, the next time it will be under cooked. Three times my husband has ordered his hamburger plain, three times it has come with everything on it. Tonight I ordered my steak medium rare, it came well done. The only reason we go is because we have friends who like it or because of the beer. It's certainly not for the food. I don't know what has happened, it used to be really good.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Lots of experience with this branch of McMenamins....Have eaten breakfast thru late lunches...alone, with grandkids, with friends. Seems we end up here whenever my adult daughter is picking an eatery....parking is easy, convenient to downtown, decor is interestingly vintage, good variety of food including vegetarian options, long hours, and competent waitstaff. I want to like this place more than I do. Nothing bad to say about it but nothing special in my experience either.