“Basic Chinese Food”

Emperor's Palace
Ranked #235 of 353 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Nothing exceptional, but your usual basics as far as Chinese dishes go. I find the food not to be all that fresh as if it's been made up in batches (definitely the soup is!), a tad greasy and definitely lots of sodium/msg?

When you're in the mood for Chinese cuisine this will fulfill your need. Since they have no competition in the Olympia area for "Chinese", go for it!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I took my daughter in law to lunch here on a wing and a prayer and was very pleasantly surprised. The staff was very nice and the establishment was spotless with an easy to relax in atmosphere. I am sure we will try this restaurant again in the future when in the area again.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Cashew Chicken is great. The lunch bowl of it is super. I only order that. The staff sometimes seems confused. I like the fish aquarium.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staff really friendly. Clients not so friendly.... What a pity; the food was great! Service was good too.

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Tonight I dined at Emperors Palace. I have dined there before, and have had a pleasant dining experience. Tonight it was different.
Why?
The wait staff was slow.
The fried rice that accompanied the meal was the worst that I have ever had (no vegetables, eggdrop or flavor).
The sweet and sour had no onions, bell peppers, or pineapple in the sauce. Just the fried stuff and sweet red sauce.
The music was not relaxing. I like rock and roll, but not when I'm dining at a restaurant that isn't a truck stop or a tavern. Radar Love and Rebel Yell go better with beer and peanuts.
I'll probably dine there again, because the vegetarian offerings are quite good, however, this visit was strike one and there is no more than two strikes in restaurant baseball.
I hope my third review of EP Is good, because I don't want to have to drive out of town to get good Chinese food, but I will before settling for mediocre dining.