“Undecided, may or may not return”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
South Bay Pub & Eatery
Ranked #182 of 349 Restaurants in Olympia
Pacific Northwest
“Undecided, may or may not return”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had such high hopes for this place! Just moved to the area and it's the closest restaurant to our house. I wanted to love it since it is local and all. But, the waitress didn't know a thing about the mexican jo-jo special, we ordered it anyway and were disappointed by the portion for the price (three little baked potato wedges, with seasonings and a tiny dollop of sour cream for $3). I don't think they have a frier, which is a little odd. Hubby had the tacos which were ok, not great. Kind of like home made tasting, but the pulled pork was yummy. I ordered a french dip sandwich and thought the meat was too thickly sliced and had a weird almost sour flavor to it. It wasn't "bad" per say and I didn't get sick later, but it just tasted strange. Hubby tasted it and said it was from how they smoked the meat, probably. We both agreed the restaurant had a home made, almost amateur feel to it. Hard to put your finger on it to describe it adequately.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank shebrightoned

“Great Local Spot”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I discovered this spot after moving into the South Bay area about a year ago. Great food, friendly service and good prices. I have NEVER been disappointed in the food here, the Cuban sandwich with potato salad is my favorite regular menu item. They can get a bit busy in the summertime, it is a small place and has become very popular with the locals. Weekend brunch is worth visiting for, my wife and I have made it in once for brunch and she loved her salmon eggs benedict. Aside from it occasionally being hard to find a seat I love this place! (:

• Visited October 2012
Olympia, Washington, United States
“A LOCAL PUB!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I like the fact that a pub is available in a outlying neighborhood of homes surrounded with forest and pastures. The fellas that run it at one time ran Darbys in downtown Olympia where they made it a huge success. I have enjoyed stopping in and having a burger and beer. In good weather, you can sit outside and enjoy the scene. A good place to sit and relax in an unhurried way. Thanks guys for making this a good spot!!!

• Visited July 2012

Been to South Bay Pub & Eatery? Share your experiences!