“The Hidden Treasure of Olympia”
Review of Meconi's Sub Shop

Meconi's Sub Shop
Ranked #35 of 353 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: American
Description: A great little sub shop in Olympia, WA
Description: A great little sub shop in Olympia, WA
Reviewed November 3, 2012

If there is any sandwich that you should taste in Olympia, it should be at Meconi's. Even though I have unshamefully and ravenously devoured a countless number of subs, Meconi's never disappoints. Everything is fresh (the bread is absolutely to die for), and the combination of flavors defines culinary perfection. My sister and I love to go here for a quick lunch every so often; it's exciting to try a different sandwich or soup every time! We usually order half of a philly cheesesteak...and split it. The half sandwiches are enormous, which is why the price is such a good value for a delicious, very filling sandwich.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Meconi's has the best subs in the area. Fresh bread and lots of meat. This location is convenient to the State Offices but all Meconi locations are great.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I thought that Olympia was hopelessly lost in the twilight zone of food choices.
Before Meconi's, you could say that the idea of a sandwich was lost or unknown to the people of Thurston county - Like some alien had completely stripped the notion from their minds.
I have been a foody in the greatest cities in these United States, as well as a few foreign cities, and I can say that this is the first time I had something in Thurston county that resembles a genuine delicatessan sandwich.
This comes from good quality and tasting bread combined with quality and fresh ingredients, put together in the correct order for maximum taste.
Meconi's brings a little culture to Thurston county, but if you don't get there before the lunch rush be ready to stand in line. Now there's a concept - food in Thurston county that is good enough for people to stand in line for.
I ordered my own version of a Dagwood, and my family went crazy over the Philly cheesesteak (rightfully so - they gave me a taste). I was completely satisfied and stuffed, because I ordered a whole sandwich. You'll be plenty full on a half a sandwich.
It's worth finding, and I recommend Merconi's.
The fact that they aren't open late at night is probably good for the waistline.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This local business has consistently being making great sub sandwiches for more than 20 years. We are fans of their combo sandwich, but have also enjoyed the chicken philly sandwich.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I honestly dont know what the hub-bub is about this place. I dislike Subway and this place is better than Subway but really , that isnt saying much.

This place is expensive for a sandwich - over 8 for a whole sandwich. I hate that you have to pay EXTRA to have your sandwich toasted. For crying out loud - seriously???????? It costs 49 cents to run a sandwich through a broiler? really?

AND, if you want olives - IT"LL COST YA - .46cents Even, if you ask to have something that comes standard on the sandwich removed. So, I save you money on pepperocinis, tomatos, and lettuce, but you charge me if I want to add olives or pickles? Really? This practice just pisses me off frankly and it is enough to make not come here. I hate feeling like I am nickeled and dimed.

I never have a real feeling that my business is appreciated either. The workers I have encountered are ho hum and not over friendly.

BUT since this place is close to a bunch of state workers, they may just stay in business.....

This place is over rated in my opinion. If you want a good sandwich head down town to Little Richards on 5th avenue. NOW THAT'S A SANDWICH!

1  Thank olystacy