“My first time!”

Washington State Capitol
Ranked #3 of 57 things to do in Olympia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Born and raised in WA it was my first time to Olympia and it was very cool to finally see the capitol. And although my 6yo didn't get it, he will some day.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

First visit to capital of WA. The thing I like about the state is there are so many different things one can do. My dad and I drove down and first went to waterfront and found a great farmer market/flea market set up with lots of variety and things to look at. Then we drove up and set by a beautiful park that is pet friendly with well marked trails and ended with walking around Capital buildings. There is a beautiful statue in round about for WW2 honoring soldiers, nurses, and sailors. Also there was a great fountain to sit and reflect by. We were pressed for time, but slowed down to enjoy this and it was time spent well.

2  Thank Kgeorge16
Reviewed September 7, 2012

A must do if you are drive by Olympia and spent 1 to 2 hours there, lots of metered parking in the area.

Likes-
-free tour (friendly and professional tour staff)
-Rich in history
-beautiful building in the state
-gift store in the building
-lots of historical artifacts and paintings
-great place to take pictures

dislikes-
-none so far

2  Thank jack m
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is the 28th state capitol we have visited. The grounds are very well kept and the capitol building is very nice. We arrived early and although the building was open, they were not yet doing group tours. We took a self guided tour and enjoyed the richness of the building.

This is the only state capitol I recall visiting post 9-11 which did not have metal detectors and security personnel at the entrance.

1  Thank kwenbee13
Reviewed August 16, 2012

If you're in the Olympia area, definitely spend an hour or two to explore the Capitol campus and take the tour. It truly is a gorgeous building in a scenic location, and the tour was well-paced and engaging. When you're done checking out the campus, make sure to take the winding path behind the Supreme Court down to the Capitol Lake waterfront park. Highly recommended!