“A dinner slice of heaven"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sorrento Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Olympia, Washington
“A dinner slice of heaven"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

My husband and I just finished dinner tonight at what we consider "the best" italian resturant that we have EVER eaten at. The service (by a very polite and quick) young man was just the kind of service I expect when I am out on a much needed dinner night out with my husband. Not the kind of place that is going to bother you every five mintues with questions and water serivce. And an OWNER who personally greets you, takes your order, and gives you a few minutes of his time, was what my husband said would be like what you get if you were actually in Italy. Now to the food which I have to say at "first bite" was the best thing that I have eaten in a long time. WOW. The pasta was NOT overcooked, it was fresh and somewhat melted in your mouth. If you have ever tried to make homemade pasta you know how impossible and difficult it is. The chicken and the toppings were fantastically fresh and the ending course is a cookie that even my six year old would have loved. Not to sweet and not too overdone after a large and filling meal. My husband and I left very happy, smiling, and singing this resturants praises.

• Visited February 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Frankie needs to hang it up!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

Hubby and I went for a romantic night, not our first time there...but will be the last. We had reservations which didn't seem to matter. We waited 30 minutes for a table. Then once we were seated waited -no kidding- 45 minutes for a water glass and weird cold bread. The remaining 2 hours turned into a comedy show watching a chef and wait staff yell at each other and who had no idea what was going on. I'm pretty sure my husband and I could have help those poor people behind us waiting for over an hour for a glass of wine. My chicken had weird unseared skin on it and my husbands veal was like pork pucks! The worst dining experience we've had and we are easy to please. I should have walked in and handed them our $70 as a donation for personality training classes for the hostess!

1 Thank sadler0906
OlyWA
“Must go, Wonderful dinner, Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

This place is the best. We went for dinner after the Valentine's Day rush. well worth the wait. This place is one of my very favorites.

• Visited February 2012
Centralia
“Fantastico!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

Franco does a great job with authentic delicious Italian cooking-after all he is from the south of Italy. It doesn't get any better!

Vancouver, Canada
“Overpriced and underserved.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

$25.00 pasta was way overpriced, $27.50 veal that tasted like pork, cheap red wine masquerading as Montepulciano, and a teenage server who could do with some training...Nooooo, I wont be back.

• Visited January 2012