“Out of the way, but decent food”
Review of Ranch House BBQ

Ranch House BBQ
Ranked #18 of 360 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went there for dinner a few days ago and the food was good, though not stellar. I had the Pulled Pork dinner with potato salad and cole slaw and while the potato salad was excellent, the cole slaw wasn't very good - flavorless and oily. The pulled pork had good flavor, but was a little bit on the dry side for my taste. One of my friends had the rack of ribs and I tried a little bit and we both thought it was very good. The baked beans also are excellent with wonderful smoky flavor. We had the deep fried maccaroni balls as an appetizer and I'm usually not a fan of deep fried food, but those were quite tasty. Nice crust with creamy, cheesy, bacony interior without being greasy. The service is slow, at least it was for our table. The food was delivered quickly, but then we didn't see our waitress for quite a while. She didn't come to inquire about the food or if we wanted anything else. We had to wait quite a while until we were able to get our check. So, I guess I would recommend that you try it, it was crowded despite it being quite a ways out of town, so make a reservation if you go there on the weekend.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Have come to this place over the years a few times. Best pulled pork and beef briskett ive ever had! Not fond of the Coleslaw or beans. Great Potato Salad and Fries. I like the place for there BBQ. Not to pricey, just like anywhere else. Nice cozy atmosphere and people!! Will return.

2  Thank Rachel D
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I know that this place gets raving reviews and seems to be busy frequently, however, our experience at the Ranch House was not very good. Their initial prices are comparable to Famous Dave's BBQ, but not when you compare their portion sizes and choices. Not to mention that they add on a fee for everything. For example, with most meals you get a choice of 2 sides (which unfortunately comes in a small 2 oz. dish) however, if you want one of those sides to be fries it will cost you $2 extra, or if you want it to be corn it will be $2.50 because these are considered "special sides". Other than the fries, which were very good, the food was not very good. The baked beans had a strong molasses/vinegar taste, the ribs were over-cooked, thin, and a bit dry, and the corn bread was dry and gritty. The waiters were very friendly and attentive, but you heard them apologizing and saying the same thing to each table, "I am sorry, we can't do that", or "we can do that for an extra $$$"! This is not the hospitable BBQ joint that Famous Dave's, or Mo's (Shelton) is. They must have done a good job in marketing, because their food and attitude is not very good. I would not recommend this place to my friends or family.

2  Thank Joanie S
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Heard rave reviews about this place. Sorry it's not near the quality we were expecting. Maybe I've been spoiled, I won't go out of my way to eat here.

2  Thank norapunzel
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I asked a friend who is a judge at BBQ competitions for his recommendation and was sent to the Ranch House. I have been going there ever since and now all my friends go, too, GREAT FOOD!!!

2  Thank retcnm