“Poor BBQ - A Bit Pricey!”
Review of Ranch House BBQ

Ranch House BBQ
Ranked #21 of 349 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
McCleary, Washington
“Poor BBQ - A Bit Pricey!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I know that this place gets raving reviews and seems to be busy frequently, however, our experience at the Ranch House was not very good. Their initial prices are comparable to Famous Dave's BBQ, but not when you compare their portion sizes and choices. Not to mention that they add on a fee for everything. For example, with most meals you get a choice of 2 sides (which unfortunately comes in a small 2 oz. dish) however, if you want one of those sides to be fries it will cost you $2 extra, or if you want it to be corn it will be $2.50 because these are considered "special sides". Other than the fries, which were very good, the food was not very good. The baked beans had a strong molasses/vinegar taste, the ribs were over-cooked, thin, and a bit dry, and the corn bread was dry and gritty. The waiters were very friendly and attentive, but you heard them apologizing and saying the same thing to each table, "I am sorry, we can't do that", or "we can do that for an extra $$$"! This is not the hospitable BBQ joint that Famous Dave's, or Mo's (Shelton) is. They must have done a good job in marketing, because their food and attitude is not very good. I would not recommend this place to my friends or family.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Joanie S

olympia
“what's all the fuss?”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Heard rave reviews about this place. Sorry it's not near the quality we were expecting. Maybe I've been spoiled, I won't go out of my way to eat here.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank norapunzel
Olympia, Washington
“Best BBQ”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I asked a friend who is a judge at BBQ competitions for his recommendation and was sent to the Ranch House. I have been going there ever since and now all my friends go, too, GREAT FOOD!!!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank retcnm
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Slow cooked tender goodness. Best I've ever had. Their ingredients are flavorful but not overwhelming and their cooking is superior, never rushed. They were lost for awhile when a mudslide took out the location where they cook their food a couple years back, and it was terrifying!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Chad F
Sammamish, Washington, United States
“As Good As It Gets”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I ate here several months ago but I held off writing a review because I was heading to Texas and was going to try some of the famous BBQ joints and I wanted a point of reference. I tried sliced brisket at Ranch House BBQ and it was every bit as good as the places in Texas even better than Kruez Market witch is rated so high. Ranch House brisket can hold its own against any brisket in Texas in fact it might be better.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Ranch House BBQ? Share your experiences!