“Great BBQ, worth the drive”
Review of Ranch House BBQ

Ranch House BBQ
Ranked #16 of 350 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Olympia, Washington
“Great BBQ, worth the drive”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Imagine how pleased we were when we explored a rural setting 10 miles west of Olympia only to find the best BBQ in the state, region? Fun to sit and explore all the state and national championship ribbons, trophies, and banners around this wonderful restaurant. We had a brisket sandwich and the BBQ chicken, both outstanding. Nice selection of craft beers. Super sides, the garlic fries a taste treat. The waitress was wonderful; smiling, hustling, helpful. We were asking about a special, she said only 1 left and ran to the kitchen to lock it down for us. Best strawberry lemonade ever. Starts with regular lemonade and it comes with lots of fresh strawberry slices floating in it. Only open til 8 so don't plan a late dinner. So why not 5 stars? Serving size a little small on the brisket sandwich and the baked beans side. Also the regular fries were good but had been in the warming tray too long. We look forward to going back soon, though, and if the fries are spot-on will come back here and upgrade the rating. :-) Truly outstanding BBQ.

Mishawaka, Indiana
“Best BBQ in Washington State”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great brisket, excellent pulled pork, excellent bbq sauce. I do a lot of my own smoking at home, so I know what's what....Check out the huge mobile smoker units out front!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank thevinoman
Washington State
“Best BBQ I have had yet!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

A bit of a trek from Olympia, but COMPLETELY worth the drive. We saw other BBQ joints in Olympia and in the area, but 12 hours of smoking makes this brisket AMAZING. Everything was top notch, from the brisket, chicken, spicy sausage, pulled pork, to the "Best Rack in Town"!!!
Even the pecan pie was better than usual, the crust is shortbread :)

OLYMPIA, WA USA
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

If you want some delicious BBQ, this is a good choice. My favorite is the pulled port, but the other meats and chicken are equally yummy. The accompaniments - BBQ beans, coleslaw, potato salad - are also tasty.

Visited July 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Great sauce”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is THE BEST BBQ I have ever had west of the Missouri. Having lived in the BBQ capital of the world, Kansas City, I know great BBQ. This place is top notch, and the service is superb. We got the sampler, bc we couldn't decide on what we wanted, so we ordered it all. The pulled pork was perfect, and the beef ribs were juicy and flavorful. The BBQ sauce is awesome. I could seriously drink that stuff by itself!
I found this place on some TV show with the top BBQ in the country, and this place is definitely one of my favorite places to eat.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank S E

Been to Ranch House BBQ? Share your experiences!