“Clean! Friendly Staff”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Olympia
Picabo, ID
“Clean! Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

1211 Quince Street SE Olympia WA. Easy on and off I-5. Clean, Friendly and helpful staff. The free full Breakfast was good, the inn add a room for the overflow for breakfast. Enjoyed our room at the Olympia Quality Inn.
Close to downtown Olympia and restaurants.
People in Olympia was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jaskowskid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2009

Location is straight off I-5 Exist, staff are great and my room was excellent !!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank businesstravel077
lacey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2009

First of all its a Motel not a hotel. I wouldnt even give it one star. The housekeepers did a [--] job. The rooms were just digusting, the sheets smelled aweful the Towels were all stained. This is a very Ghetto Hotel. Its not worth the money! The housekeepers room was just nasty along with the way they look. Uniforms dont match nothing. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to no one!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Olympia hotels

Kennewick, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2008

I booked two double queen rooms from 27-29 June while in town for a track meet. I'd requested an extra rollaway bed for each room, as we had a large party.

Positive:

Rooms were relatively clean and hotel looked decent, given what I expected.

Breakfast was actually pretty nice, again given what I'd expected based upon previous reviews. They had a small room right in the lobby with a waffle maker, juice machine, bagels, muffins, cereals, bananas, etc. They also had an overflow room just off the lobby with more seating and an additional waffle maker.

They had an outdoor heated pool, which was nice after a long, hot day. Had a lot of chlorine, which I consider to be good as it was probably killing a lot of things I didn't want to know about in the pool.

Negative:

Towels were not replaced. After a long day out, we went swimming and took our room towels to the pool. I had a party of 10+ in the two rooms (5 adults and the rest children). I went to the front desk and asked for more towel. The clerk asked how many, and I said '10'. She then inquired which type of room I had (I guess trying to determine how many bodies I'd paid for and therefore how many towels I was entitled to). I replied with 2-2 queen rooms and an extra rollaway in each. She agreed to part with 6 towels and I accepted, knowing that this was about the best I'd get.

During breakfast, I used the waffle maker in the extra room. I guess it wasn't used often, because my waffle wouldn't come out of the waffle maker. I spent around 5 minutes picking pieces of it out with my plastic fork. I ended up with a 4 inch high stack of cold waffle pieces.

Was charged a $1.50 'safe warranty fee' each day for each room. Since we didn't use the safes, I asked for and had the charges removed.

Read that we would receive complimentary USA Today each morning. When I inquired about this at the front desk around 9 am I was told that they were all gone.

Also read in the hotel literature that complimentary cookies were available each evening in the lobby. I inquired about this one evening (same evening I was trying to barter for more towels for the next morning's shower) and was told that the cookies had just come out of the oven. Never saw them.

The rooms smelled a little funky, but I wrote that off to it being an older hotel.

I write these things just so you know what to expect. I thought the hotel was decent and for a budget traveler, I'd consider it adequate.

• Liked — Cheap, decent breakfast, wi-fi in the rooms
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank patriot98
Sierra Madre, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2008

I had to recheck the address to see if I stayed in the same hotel as some of the other reviewers. My stay was totally different the room was nice and clean, water pressure and temp OK, bed clean and comfortable. At check in we were treated to fresh cookies and the front desk staff helpful. The Free WiFi worked very well.

I will admit the outside needs some work. It appears the building next-door was torn down I sure the hotel could do nothing about cleaning up the site.

Breakfast was served next to the front desk with few tables, standard fare rolls, bagels and waffles.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank bob91024
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2008

Well with the name Quality Inn, I had decent standards. The staff was friendly, but that was the only good thing. When I entered the building all the windows in the corridors were foggy and it was humid. When I got in the room it was freezing cold (I'm guessing it hadn't been used in awhile). I turned on the heater and took a shower. The hot water was a joke. It didn't last longer than 2 minutes. One plus was the soft beds and the heater/fan worked well. The rooms come with hairdryers and there is cable TV. They offer a continental breakfast which I didn't bother trying. I will probably stay at the Super 8 in Lacey the next time I am in town.

• Liked — the heater worked well
  • Disliked — everything else!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
QualityInnManager, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2008
Thank you for your review. We have fixed the hot water issue permanently. I apologize for the problems during your stay.
Sacramento
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2007

After a long drive, my husband and I were looking forward to a clean room and comfortable bed, two qualities we can usually count on when staying at a Quality Inn. The first room they gave us had no hot water in the tub/shower, but a call to the front desk was all it took to get another room. So we packed up and moved.

On the surface, the rooms looked fine, but when looking a little closer I could see that under the bed and especially against the wall, hadn't been vacuumed in months, and the bathroom smelled like the floor hadn't been cleaned thoroughly in almost as long. I left my socks on when walking around the room, and shuffled in the bathroom on the bath mat.

After dinner we were ready to call it a night so we could get on our way early in the morning. When we pulled back the spread, we were greeted by two very whimpy pillows (and no more in sight,) and a hard matress covered by thin, overbleached sheets. I tossed and turned all night to keep from getting sore from the hard bed, and to try to get my head comfortable on the whisp of a pillow. Add to that the constant prickle from the bleached sheets, and I can say without a doubt, that was the worst night sleep I've had in a long time. We won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Liked — close to where I wanted to be
  • Disliked — terrible bed
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple