“Average Hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Olympia
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Hotels in Olympia, WA are expensive for what you get. We paid $79, plus tax, to stay in a room that would be $59 elsewhere, but this was a deal compared to the prices of other, local hotels.

The hotel itself is old and showing its age. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, but the pillows smelled, as if the pillow cases had not been changed.

One negative about this hotel is that they charge you 25 cents to print out an airline boarding pass. Nothing like nickel and diming guests!

I would probably stay here again, but only because of the reasonable rate.

Hint: Ask for a room on the side of the building that does not face the freeway. The old windows let in most of the freeway noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel that does not border the freeway to cut down on noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was a clean, spacious and comfortable stay. The Management were friendly and most helpful. My room safe would not work and two of them brought a replacement.

Breakfast was good and wholesome and I felt the place had a very positive atmosphere, coming from the Management! Well done!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Edwin A
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We are a preservation company based in Califonrnia and we have work in Washington. We sent an employee, checked her in July 13 and stayed until August 31. She was able to get copies when she needed them, when we would send supply orders when the orders would arrive they were immediately taken to her room. Breakfast was great and above all the rest the staff was excellent! A mid grade hotel can seem like a 5 star hotel with an excellent staff. Soni is great, very accomodating.

Room Tip: All rooms here are wonderful
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CLB92606
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is the second time my wife and I stayed at the Super 8 on Quince in Olympia and it was a bit less than expected. The location is fine and relatively quiet, considering it is near a major freeway junction off I-5.

The room was clean but there was only one bath towel, one washcloth, one hand towel and limited soap for two people. Breakfast was adequate. One thing that marred the experience here was the Wi-Fi. As soon as I connected, I received a root-kit virus warning and immediately lost all internet connectivity. Four days later, I had to do a complete system reinstall on my laptop. I had more than three layers of protection on the laptop but it was still corrupted within a matter of seconds.

Room Tip: I think the Quality Inn in Lacey, WA 3 miles from here is better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dtlusty
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is one of those hotels that are ok for just staying overnight for a business trip etc.. Receptionists are mostly friendly, rooms are not too small and clean, but the whole hotel has a feel of "tiredness" to it. My room also smelled stale and especially the bathroom smelled like it could use a good airing. Carpets, bathroom etc. were clean, but you got a feel of "I don't really care" about the hotel. Some examples - a new towel bar was installed, but the holes where the old towel bar was mounted were still there and not patched up, the toilet seat was not the correct size - stuff like that, which makes you feel like the management doesn't do a very good job. The beds are comfortable, though and the room was very quiet. Location is good, just right off the highway and close to downtown (though not really walking distance). Breakfast - same old and very small area to eat - I just took it to my room. Pool is tiny, so don't plan on swimming laps.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Unbelievably Gross!! They say they have non smoking rooms. They need to be honest and say They have a very old dirty motel that they put new carpet in but it still STINKS. The room is so Unbelievably Stinky I will never stay anywhere every again without reading Trip Advisor. Had I seen this site , I would have slept in my car. For that matter, I guess I should add that I couldn't go to sleep as had to leave a window open for air for the few hours I tried to get some much needed sleep. Never used a towel. I have stayed in a lot of hotels have never written a review. Not only will I now post this I trip advisor, I am going to contact as many people as I can via email and ask them learn about trip advisor and tell them about this Unbelievable place that the front desk tells you, you have no recourse once you have checked in, because they have never heard of any problems. Uhhhh maybe they should read trip advisor. This Property will be out of business if they keep up these practices. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Tip go across the street and stay at other property it is clean. Go into a room before you pay dish...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank R H
Reviewed June 25, 2013

At first impression the building is older and some of the furnishings and carpets look tired and due for an up date. The service at the desk was efficient but lacked a smile and a real welcome.
Despite that though, once we got inside the room it was a different experience. Everything we needed was there including a comfortable lounge to relax on. The bed was very comfortable and the room quiet. The bathroom was very clean and has been done up recently. Good wifi.
Breakfast was good although in a funny little space beside the front desk, with an overflow area a bit further away. We were glad we weren't there on a busy morning.
The location is good for travellers going through being close to the I5 but also the town centre for meals.

Room Tip: Accommodation is on two levels but there is no elevator. Ask for a ground floor room if you don'...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business