“Clean, Comfortable and Friendly”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Olympia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had to make an emergency trip to Olympia, WA and needed to stay close to a friend who went into hospice. This Quality Inn was only about 5 minutes from her and 3-5 minutes from quality restaurants. The management was very helpful and courteous, the rooms were clean, we had free wi-fi, in room coffee, a microwave and referigerator. Each morning breakfast is served in the lobby which included waffles, biscuits & sausage, fruits, coffee, juices, cereals and more. In addition the rates were very good and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I considered this hotel average. There was wireless and some breakfast, but I found the room (next to the ice machine) to be noisy, and parking was a little dense. The staff was nice and I felt secure. That said, all considered I think it was three stars.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've traveled a lot and was using my Choice Hotels points for a girls weekend getaway. We were just passing through, so all we needed was a good nights sleep and two rooms for the 4 of us. I have to tell you, I'll definitely return to this hotel again anytime I'm in the area. It was that good.

The double queen room we had was spotless. My best friend and I are phobic about bedbugs, so we peeled back the sheets on the corners to check the mattresses, pulled out drawers and checked the pillows. Spotless. Not a speck of a bug or dirt. The mattresses were really clean and white. The other room was just as clean and neat.

We had no hallway noise at all, plenty of hot water and really comfy mattresses to sleep on. The front desk staff was very helpful and attentive. At breakfast the next morning my only complaint was that I just wanted water to drink and didn't see it. Well, it was there, just on the edge of the front desk. I should have seen it and did not as it wasn't in the actual breakfast area. The breakfast pastries were fresh and my friends from England loved the waffle maker!

I'm not adverse to saying when I've had a problem, so trust me when I say that I didn't have one problem here. We stayed in the building across from the office and it was good and quiet. No kids nearby, which of course, is a hazard of any hotel stay. This hotel is in more of a business area and may not have been as attractive to people traveling with kids. The front desk staff was good about giving my friends and I rooms next to each other, without our having to ask.

The hotel and grounds were very neat looking. I never got a creepy feeling, like one can sometimes get at a less expensive hotel. I'm really happy to know that this hotel is there as I'm fairly often in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the building across from the front office door. It had 5 rooms on each side of the hall...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Here is our experience:
After checking in, we were given our key and directions to our room. We walked upstairs, to the end of the hall, then around the building ...didn't find our room. Back to the front desk to ask again and were told we needed to go to the building across the way where we finally found it!
The room had all the usual amenities: fridge (noisy so we unplugged it), microwave and a big TV. Everything looked and smelled clean. The area was surprisingly quiet given the proximity to the I-5 and we slept well.
At 8 a.m. however, we were awakened by someone OPENING OUR DOOR!
Thankfully we had the latch closed so they were unable to enter. My husband peeked out and saw a woman, not an employee who apparently was given our room key! It was freaky and we were glad to have used the latch.
When we went downstairs to check out (9:30) we hoped for a cup of coffee from the breakfast area where about 8 others were eating but... the coffee urns were empty....sigh.
Hubby chose not to mention the mix-up of giving our room key to another customer, so we can not comment on how that was handled.

All in all, it was an adequate place to spend the night. Note: There is no elevator. This was not an issue for us, but it might be for others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

A decent location right off of the I5. Within walking distance (15 minutes or so) of all of the attractions and places of interest. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was as expected. No surprises - overall good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

You would be hard pressed to find staff that are more caring about their work than Dennis and his wife. From the first interaction on the telephone, Dennis was most professional and friendly. He went out of his way to insure that my trip met all of my expectations.

The outside of the hotel does not do justice to the accomodations. Please do not be put off by the exterior. The room was very clean and comfortable. There was a fridge and microwave in the room and the bed was comfortable. My room had a flat screen TV as well.

The hotel is quite close to a major roadway but noise is kept to a minimum.

There were many comments about the breakfast selection in the reviews. My thoughts are that compared to other hotels in the same category the choices were good. Yogurt, fresh fruit, hot waffles, bisquits and gravy, as well as cereal and pastries were available. The selection was quite good and the breakfast area was very clean and organized.

For the money, this hotel is a great value if you are looking for a nice room in a central location with a sincerely warm and friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed there Sept. 14. This was a bare bones old tired hotel, but clean and adequate. It had a fridge, microwave, and free breakfast. The bed was not comfortable, and we could hear doors slamming and loud voices in the hall all night. Won't stay there again, there are better choices if you are looking for a cheap price.

Room Tip: If you need a cheap price, go somewhere else with more value for your money.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Candace J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olympia
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!