“food good, service no so”
Review of Acqua Via - CLOSED

Acqua Via
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had not been to Acqua Via in awhile. Now i'm going through radiation treatments, so i thought i would treat myself to a sandwich and a couple glasses of wine on my way home. After two lunchtime, weekday visits, the sandwiches are fine, the soups are good (although one was too spicy - i shouldn't have really spicy food during treatment). However, the server was off-putting. She was efficient, but very cold. I ate only a spoonful of the soup. She did not ask me if there was a problem with it when she picked up the bowl. She pretty much threw the check at me both times. No aloha in this place. Too bad - the help ruin the experience.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with friends who love the place. Somewhat overpriced food with smallish portions. Great presentation and they have excellent wine choices. It was busy and service was okay but not great. With a group of six they tacked on 20% gratuity. That was a little high, should be 15%. Got coffee and was never refilled. If you like good food at top dollar then this is your place. I'll give it another try.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

So... pathetic but true: I'd rather go hungry than eat so-so food; on a recent trip to Seattle from Portland, I made the short detour, both ways, to snag a meal at this lovely little restaurant. Inventive but not excessively cute in its cooking, superb coffee from the local roaster next door - really nice. Wish it was in my city!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

One wouldn't think finding great food in a state capitol would be difficult and it isn't in Olympia, if you like franchise hamburgers or teriyukky (sic) joints. Acqua Via breaks the mold in Olympia with original menus featuring fresh ingredients and handcrafted seasonal cocktails!

We enjoy their selection of locally sourced cheeses and produce. Additionally, Acqua Via features 'small plates' - think tapas. They are great bites after work or to share if a large plate isn't what you are looking for. The staff is very knowledgeable, friendly and help to make dining there comfortable.

If you like original preparations, great flavors and quality atmosphere, you - like us - will like Acqua Via.

1  Thank Jeff O
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We waited over 35 minutes for a mediocre salad and sandwich.....not great considering we had to go back to work. Service was lacking as well. Probably wont try it again.