“Splurge on the "Pre-fix"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Petite Maison

La Petite Maison
Ranked #28 of 345 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic
Description: Phone Number: (360) 754-9623 Grand Opening was May 3, 2011! Specialties La Petite Maison is set in a newly remodeled 1903 home that complements the French country-style cuisine. Chef Wells offers seasonal, local ingredients classically prepared and matched with an exceptional wine program. The expansive menu covers classic French fare (such as duck confit, cassoulet and house-made pates) as well as inventive creations such as lobster pot pie and crispy pork belly with hazelnuts. Along with the regular menu, a nightly prix fixe menu is offered. The prix fixe menu highlights the freshest ingredients available each day and provides Chef Wells a creative outlet to utilize his most advanced techniques. An extensive wine program features wines from the most classic and well-regarded regions and producers from France as well as Washington wines. Chef Wells offers personalized wine pairings to best complement the cuisine. History Established in 2011 After several iterations of restaurants in the space, the new owners of La Petite Maison are thrilled to restore the building to its original charm choosing to keep the original name of the restaurant that first opened in 1977. Now offering seasonal, local ingredients classically prepared and matched with an exceptional wine program, La Petite Maison is the South Sound region's only French restaurant
Pacific Northwest
“Splurge on the "Pre-fix"”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I love watching foodie shows, and have been sad never to have eaten at a French restaurant before. Hubby and I went here for a date night on a Saturday and had no idea they didn't open until 5:30. The door was in an odd location and confusing to find. But, the owner/chef saw us peering in and let us in 15 minutes early. The menu looked amazing and the server/owner did a fantastic job describing the food and convincing us to try the "pre-fixed" 5 course selection of the evening: Carrot soup, clams, foraged morels with sauce on a pureed potatoes, chicken with yummy sauce, and creme brulee'. I will say I like clams breaded and fried and/or in clam chowder but always swore I would not eat them from the shell (too much grossness), but they were damn-fine-tasty! The soup was fluffy for lack of better word, and amazing, and I truly despise carrots. We were able to eat all 5 courses and bread, and not feel over stuffed. The meal presentation was beautiful, well paced and took about an hour and a half which felt like 45 minutes. Everything about it was perfect. Expensive ($160 for two) but sooooo very worth it. And who knew? I love clams!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank shebrightoned

Olympia, Washington
“Why go to Paris?”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We just dined again last evening at La Petite Maison for our 35th anniversary and we were once again treated to a divine dining experience! We recently had a marvelous visit to Paris and the cuisine last night rivals any meal we had there. We will continue to consider this restaurant as the best in Olympia. We will return whenever we want a special meal or just a bowl of French onion soup. Congratulations to Justin and Zoe for providing Olympia with this amazing treasure. We have never been disappointed and look forward to our return.

• Visited June 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Like on the Champs-Elysees”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Nice change from before, upgrades are perfect. Reminds me of another world with a similar ambiance. Staff are very personable and inviting. They made me feel like I was in their home as a personal guest. Food was well presented and heavenly. Tenderloin served as tender as any I've ever had, melted to my palate like ambrosia. I've only had one French Onion soup as good, and that was served in a Cave near Ramstein Air Base - wonderful! I note an excellent well stocked cellar but did not imbibe thereof. I fully enjoyed my dinner until I stepped out of the restaurant afterwards, only to discover I wasn't actually in Paris, didn't see the Eiffel, nor the Arc de Triomphe, but rather, Black Lake Blvd ... bubble popped right there. However, I will go back once more to reward my palate and reminisce. Excellent

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank SBruce J
Olympia
“Fine Food & Service in Historic Olympia”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

You'll enjoy your meal in the old farm house -- complemented by attentive service and great wine choices. This restaurant is an old landmark now in great ownership hands...bringing advanced dining civilization to now big boxed and traffic addled west Olympia. LPM rates highly in my book -- yet my only freaky pet peeve was lack of table linen that is greatly overshadowed by an excellent dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank JWCFX
“Wonderful hidden French gem in Olympia!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We come here every so often for a nice glass of wine and appetizer before a movie at the Capital Mall or just to go out for dinner. The choices are amazing (don't expect hot wings or anything like that).We like the pate, salads and French onion soup for lighter fare, but we've also loved the lamb and pasta offerings on the entree menu that changes.

It has a wonderful ambiance and the servers and chef treat you like family. It is not in a great location for a view or anything, but once you are inside, the restaurant is lovely and you instantly feel comfortable in the space. A great spot for Valentines Day, though they may be booked up already. Worth a shot!

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank tuscany885

Been to La Petite Maison? Share your experiences!