“Great Smaller Scale Market”
Review of Farmers Market

Farmers Market
Ranked #4 of 56 things to do in Olympia
Tacoma, Washington
251 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Great Smaller Scale Market”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I have been here a couple of times. We come back here mostly for the fresh oysters! We love them! I also came to guy garden plants and found the prices to be reasonable for the quality. The sellers are also quite knowledgeable about the plants (MUCH better than the local Home Depot). This market isn't real big, but most of it is covered making it great on a rainy day as well as on a hot summer day! As for the "No Dog" policy, personally, I agree 100 percent!! I am tired of seeing dogs at place that sell food!

Visited May 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Don't Miss this Family Stop”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The Farmer's Market, just steps away from the harbor and bay in downtown Olympia, is a must see stop for families; lots of local products for the house and kitchen, and lots of different organic foods. We always have lunch at the market. Don't miss a chance to walk along the wharf; plenty of public rest rooms and some nice views, although it could use a lot more development.
Also; there is a really nice 1.2 mile walk around Capital Lake just a block or two away. We've never had trouble finding parking, so I wouldn't miss the chance to visit.

Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“A little bit different”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Farmers Market is one of my favorite things to do in Olympia. It's a moderate sized market, and very individual, as it should be. It's partly under a canopy or ceiling of sorts so it's all-weather. Right now (warm weather season) it's open Thursday - Sunday 10 - 3, and it's a great place for lunch. I especially love their Indian food stand; got some delicious anise candies there. Other favorites that keep me coming back: the honey stand with fragrant salve; the fern stand (never knew there were so many varieties of fern!); and the apples in the fall. Last fall I found Baby Head apples, as large as a ... you know! My husband always grabs a few fresh oysters, which they shuck for your consumption on the spot. The produce is mostly organic, which is critical to me. Easy free parking, too.

Visited October 2012
Surrey, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Only in Olympia”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We discovered the Olympia Farmer's Market several years ago and have been going back whenever we pass by on I-5 heading south to Portland. But I think that it's over-rated. It is on the small side and you really have to be a big believer in 'organic' - whatever that means. And, you have to be a big believer in the high cost of buying organic. I bought a bunch of freshlly picked organic carrots and as I was munching on them in the car, I swear that they tasted better. My significant other was just shaking her head and said that they tasted better because of the price that I paid for them. The real reason that we stop at the farmer's market? Stewart's Meat stand and avoiding a lengthy side-trip to Yelm to visit their actual store. Try their pepperoni (extra spicy) and their homemade turkey jerky - absolutely the best that I have ever tried. We pick some up whenever the market is open and munch on it all the way down the I-5!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank ROLAND R
Bellingham, Washington
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Go!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Made a day trip to Olympia while in Seattle, and I am SO glad I stopped in to the Olympia Farmer's Market while there! It's only open Thurs-Sun in autumn, and after it gets colder, only on weekends--so check the website for official times/map location to be sure. But it is definitely, definitely worth the trip.

Handmade soaps, lotions, salves, cards, jewelry, baked goods, and some of the most gorgeous fruits and vegetables I've ever seen--like veggies on steroids! This place, in my opinion, is even better than Pike Place Market in Seattle, because it is big enough to merit a nice stroll walking around for food, snacks, and crafts, but it is not hard to park and the area is uncrowded and lovely for a stroll. Olympians are lucky to have such a gem right in their neighborhood!

Visited October 2012