“Not Quite Up to Par (Yet?)”
Review of Adesso - CLOSED

Adesso
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a brand new restaurant. Phone: 360-705-2529.
Olympia, Washington
“Not Quite Up to Par (Yet?)”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is a new restaurant in Olympia, so we decided to give it a try. The decor is very nice, and the location pretty good. There is ample parking across the street after 5:00 p.m. One thing we noticed right away though is that the staff seems to do it all: greet and seat customers, take food orders, pour drinks, etc. This seems to be a big mistake because the staff is too frazzled to do any one job efficiently. We noticed customers arriving and waiting for someone to greet them at the door. Our waitress tried, but forgot to bring us bread and brought out the wrong order for me - she didn't write down my order and thought I had ordered something else. There was no fresh parmesan offered, no olive oil and balsamic vinegar for the bread. The owner was walking around checking on customers but should have been helping out instead; at least greeting and seating guests. The food was pretty good, but as my husband said, "Nothing to write home about". Oh, and if a restaurant wants to sell dessert and coffee, it works best to bring out a sample tray or at the very least a dessert menu. Our waitress rattled off the choices, but without a visual, I think a lot of customers decline. We really like to see new restaurants be successful, so we hope they read these reviews.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank AreWeHavingFunYet

Sparks, Nevada
“Fresh, quality food choices”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Seemed authentically Mediterranean and food was really tasty...nice menu!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Lina005
Olympia, Washington
“Must try the Bruschetta”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Overall a nice atmosphere. Good prices and great food. The Bruschetta, although a little different is one of the best I have had. I would suggest this place as my #3 Italian in Olympia, WA

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Chad C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great addition to Olympia”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I dropped in for dinner with my wife. The menu presented nicely. The waiter / Sous-Chef was friendly and helped with the food selection. The atmosphere was well done. We dropped in after a walk around Capital Lake and didn't need reservations and we were seated right away, around 5:00 on a Friday night but by the time we left at 6:30 they were packed, so you might want reservations during peak times. We will be back!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Cfarnham
Kirkland, Washington
“Don't bother with this place!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I am surprised I even gave this a "3" The service is the worst I have had in a very long time. Our server never came back to offer us more water, more Parmesan cheese, bread, ask how the food was, ask if we needed anything. She was far too busy figuring out her tabs at the front desk. When we flagged down a fellow in a white coat who seemed to be walking around with nothing to do (turned out to be the chef/owner) and asked for more Parmesan, he first went to the "very busy" server and then to a bus person - time passed - and finally cheese was brought. Why couldn't he have said, "I'll be happy to get it for you." I later went to the front desk and asked the server if she was concerned that she had not come back to ask about our meal, if we needed anything, etc. I startled her out of her deliberations (trying to figure her tips?). After a very disappointing meal and marginal wine, we left . . .asking the fellow in the white jacket if indeed he was the owner. He said yes, and we suggested he had work to do to bring his restaurant up to speed on food and service. He seemed genuinely surprised and not too open to accept the comments. Go to Basilico for a wonderful meal with lovely service and wonderful wines. Your evening will turn out better!

• Visited March 2012