“lunch at the tug”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: West Bay Marina
Reviewed July 29, 2013

i thought the atomsphere was great for this kind of place. a little noisy but the grandkids had a great time and the food was good and fairly priced. service people were friendly and alot going on around your table all the time. we have been back and know it may be a little noisy, so if you know that beforehand its great.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We actually ate here twice on our trip! They have a special that includes breakfast and a two hour kayak rental for two for $48. Kayaking on the sound in the early morning was the best part of our trip--make sure you go!

Dinner was great as it was sunset over the sound. They have a unique dining room and the food was outstanding! There wasn't a complaint from anyone in our normally-picky party. Their mac n cheese was over the top.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

... and share it. Wow. Crab meat, artichoke hearts and lots of cheese all piled up high. I can usually eat a lot... I couldn't eat more than 2/3 of this thing. We went a second time during out stay and ordered 2 dishes for three people. We all left happy. We also had the crab melt, fish and chips and one of their salads. It was all excellent. And great views too.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We love trying out new places. We had heard of this pace but knew nothing other than what we saw here. Sunday afternoon, rainy, lunch rush over (About 3ish) and an absolutely wonderful experience. My wife ordered the salmon burger and I ordered the cod burger. The wait staff was awesome and cleaned off one of the window tables for us. Our (really good) beers came quick and we awaited the meal. I must admit I half thought we would get some frozen patty version of the salmon and cod "burger". After all, we were in a bar and grill atmosphere at a marina. Oh no dear reader...this was delishishly not the case. Both burgers were the real deal. Both were nice fillets of (just the) fish grilled just right with a nice fluffy (not too much and not too little) bun to complete it. So...picture this...the water, the beer and some good (really good) fish sandwiches, a friendly wait staff, no being rushed to finish...we can't wait to get back.
Pro's - A higher end menu than one might expect from a bar and grill stuck at a marina. Great view of the water and a patio (though we didn't get to use it). High up on the Yum factor. The place had "character" you know...that thing others try for by putting a bunch of junk on the wall but never quite get it. Nice selection of drinks if you don't want the food. It was comfortable and casual.
Con's - The price was a bit up there for the bar and grill scene. Out sandwiches were about $10 each but come with everything. The nice thing is that they are so substantial one could (and we plan to when we go back) easily split the order and be satisfied. I can't speak to those here who comment on the rushes (we went in between) but it is small so it could pack up easily.
Overall, this is one of those places that will be on the top of our list when going to Olympia.
On a side note- The kayak rental. I own the same type of kayak they rent (and rent is pretty reasonable) and they are very stable so one should not need any training others than getting in and out of the thing (easily the hardest part).

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I ordered a Tugboat Annie burger with sweet potato fries. It was not only a big burger, but it was good. I spent less for a burger, fries and a soda (with decent service) than I would have spent at Van's or Big Tom's for a burger, fries and a soda.
I'm might be gong out on a limb here, but I think that they have the best burgers in the county. Unlike a burger joint, you even get service.
They had other good food offerings - MY friends split a rack of Ribs. Another couple got a nice order of fish and chips, and another couple ordered steaks. I heard no complaints about the food, and our waiter kept our glasses full and satisfied or requests.
My only complaint is the limited parking, but I guees that's a good sign.
I'll go again, and I recommend it.

1  Thank Armchair C

Been to Tugboat Annie's? Share your experiences!