“Can't wait to come back - Pro's and con's”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tugboat Annie's

Tugboat Annie's
Ranked #17 of 345 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: West Bay Marina
ocean shores
“Can't wait to come back - Pro's and con's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We love trying out new places. We had heard of this pace but knew nothing other than what we saw here. Sunday afternoon, rainy, lunch rush over (About 3ish) and an absolutely wonderful experience. My wife ordered the salmon burger and I ordered the cod burger. The wait staff was awesome and cleaned off one of the window tables for us. Our (really good) beers came quick and we awaited the meal. I must admit I half thought we would get some frozen patty version of the salmon and cod "burger". After all, we were in a bar and grill atmosphere at a marina. Oh no dear reader...this was delishishly not the case. Both burgers were the real deal. Both were nice fillets of (just the) fish grilled just right with a nice fluffy (not too much and not too little) bun to complete it. So...picture this...the water, the beer and some good (really good) fish sandwiches, a friendly wait staff, no being rushed to finish...we can't wait to get back.
Pro's - A higher end menu than one might expect from a bar and grill stuck at a marina. Great view of the water and a patio (though we didn't get to use it). High up on the Yum factor. The place had "character" you know...that thing others try for by putting a bunch of junk on the wall but never quite get it. Nice selection of drinks if you don't want the food. It was comfortable and casual.
Con's - The price was a bit up there for the bar and grill scene. Out sandwiches were about $10 each but come with everything. The nice thing is that they are so substantial one could (and we plan to when we go back) easily split the order and be satisfied. I can't speak to those here who comment on the rushes (we went in between) but it is small so it could pack up easily.
Overall, this is one of those places that will be on the top of our list when going to Olympia.
On a side note- The kayak rental. I own the same type of kayak they rent (and rent is pretty reasonable) and they are very stable so one should not need any training others than getting in and out of the thing (easily the hardest part).

• Visited June 2013

Olympia, WA
“HIDDEN AWAY GOOD FOOD, GOOD VIEW, & GOOD ATMOSPHERE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I ordered a Tugboat Annie burger with sweet potato fries. It was not only a big burger, but it was good. I spent less for a burger, fries and a soda (with decent service) than I would have spent at Van's or Big Tom's for a burger, fries and a soda.
I'm might be gong out on a limb here, but I think that they have the best burgers in the county. Unlike a burger joint, you even get service.
They had other good food offerings - MY friends split a rack of Ribs. Another couple got a nice order of fish and chips, and another couple ordered steaks. I heard no complaints about the food, and our waiter kept our glasses full and satisfied or requests.
My only complaint is the limited parking, but I guees that's a good sign.
I'll go again, and I recommend it.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Armchair C
Boise, Idaho
“Good food with a fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was our second time at this restaurant (there were 2 families total). We had an array of food and there were no complaints. My son was bummed they ran out of milk for a shake, but other than that it was good. We had nachos, burgers, soup, mac-n-cheese, etc. and everyone liked their dinners. Salad was good too with extras like peppers and black olives and onions. I did have a couple pieces of silverware that were dirty so wasn't excited about that. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Visited June 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We almost always forget about his hidden away gem. The restaurant is located right on the bay and has large windows to capture the views. They often offer live music, which I honestly avoid because it takes away your ability to talk to your significant other. They offer a kayak and breakfast special on weekends which is popular, so call ahead for reservations. Try the blackened salmon burger, you wont be disappointed!

Visited February 2013
Olathe
“Great food with great service and a water front view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had great food with most of the entrees around $10. Parking was bad . We were seated as soon as we walked in and had our drinks a minute later. Great atmosphere!

• Visited May 2013

Been to Tugboat Annie's? Share your experiences!