“Mini Saigon”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Thai food
Description: Thai food
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The food is generally excellent, but last- time the food tasted like perfume! Yuk! What the hay happened? Very disappointing for this otherwise good restaurant.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

We went on a busy Arts Walk evening and it was pretty full, fuller than I expected for 8 p.m. We were greeted and seated quickly and a pleasant young woman was there to take our order almost sooner than we were ready! She was busy and the place was busy but she had time to be friendly and I know how she fit it all in...she walked fast! We had spring rolls and they were quite good for restaurant fare, attractively laid out with good amounts of pork and shrimp. We also had beers but sadly no Vietnamese beers so we consoled ourselves with a couple of Tigers!

The decor is plain but it's clean and comfortable and with the good vibe and good food, it's a good place!

1  Thank vnjd
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I always head for Mini-Saigon when I'm in Olympia, largely because it's my son's favorite Asian restaurant, but also because I love trading wisecracks and banter with the owner, who knows us well by now. The food is great, a mixture of Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai items. My favorite is the Vietnamese egg roll salad with the sweet rice vinegar dressing. The pad thai with dried shrimp is also good, while my vegan son loves the fried rice with tofu. There's also a nice selection of beers, but I recommend the Chinese brands, Tiger or Tsingtao. The portions are large and the prices are very reasonable: our last dinner there, with my order of Tiger beer, was $20. The owner often will wait on the tables himself and chat with the customers, which is a fun addition to a good meal.

1  Thank sakura_senshi
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stopped here for lunch and had the Lemongrass pork Vietnamese sandwich, the chicken pho soup and Coconut bubble tea. All were well done. We had tried another Vietnamese sandwich place earlier in the week and found their meat to be so salty that it ruined the sandwich. While the pork was quite hot and spicy, it was balanced with the vegetables and bread and the salt level was reasonable. The waiter was very pleasant and service was prompt. The pho soup had nice flavor and prices were reasonable. The menu held lots of promise with other items so we will return.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband suggested Mini Saigon for lunch as he had beena regular there while living in Olympia, and remembered the food being delicious and filling.
According to my husband, it has not changed in the years since he lived there. And we were not disappointed at all.
The owner sat us and kept us entertained while we figured out what to eat and then while waiting for our lunch.
He sure made our son(11 yrs old)feel very important and kept him giggling during our meal.
Our family of 4 was able to eat for less then $40 and my daughter and myself could barely finish our meal.
We can't wait for our next trip up there so that we can visit Mini Saigon again!!!