“Best romantic restaurant in Olympia”
Review of Basilico

Basilico
Ranked #4 of 361 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

With Jazz music playing and very fine service the evening was fantastic, we ordered from the Gluten Free menu and the food was fantastic along with the knowledge of our waiter. It's the most romantic dinner I've enjoyed so far. Highly recommended. Call for reservations or your could miss out.

1  Thank Janet B

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My daughter and her husband treated her father and myself to a birthday dinner at Basilico. It was a wonderful pasta dinner for all of us. Salads and dessert were overwhelming. Service was excellent. This is a restaurant that you don't want to miss if you are in the area.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The folks at Basilico just get it. There serve with pride, treat customers like honored guests and serve creative, extremely well cooked and presented Italian food. The wine list is extensive and there is something for all wine lovers. The owners are hands on and have an eye for detail and authenticity. The only restaurant in town with a separate gluten free menu which is fabulous. Perfect for special occasions with your honey or with a group of friends and family. I've had a early evening business dinner and had the privacy needed when seated in the front corner where it's a bitter quite. This has been my favorite Olympia restaurant for a couple of years. You won't be disappointed. Downtown Olympia down the street from the Capital.

1  Thank mcmc1953
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was caught in a quandary. I could either get a quick bite somewhere so I could catch a showing of ‘Being Flynn’ at the Olympia Film Society across the street or I could try Basilico about which I had read so much. I am glad I chose the latter. While I finished only half the secondi-sized Carpaccio di Bresaola, which is cured rather than the raw kind I like more, I licked clean the bowl of Pappardelle al Cinghiale, fresh, hand-shredded sheet pasta with an herbed, slow-cooked wild boar in robust red-wine tomato sauce. With two glasses of the 2005 Barbera-Nebbiolo, I was very happy I decided to wait for the film to come out on vod instead!

Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have been to this restaurant three years in a row and the owner always delivers a great experience!

Been to Basilico? Share your experiences!