“Bring your own cleaner/airfreshner/antibacterial/hand sanitizer”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Darby's Cafe

Darby's Cafe
Ranked #184 of 345 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Olympia, Washington
“Bring your own cleaner/airfreshner/antibacterial/hand sanitizer”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place is loud and "happening" and has so much potential. People are clearly allowed to decide when to shower, use deodorant and look like they care but the wait staff here does none of the above. It makes me question what's in the kitchen preparing my food. A little effort would go a long way. Some of the food is good and some just standard. They have an excellent selection of hot sauces.

1 Thank Rhiannon D

Mount Vernon, Washington
“Vegan/Vegetarian Friendly”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place is pretty amazing. Yes it took a while for the food to arrive but it was so worth it! Great selection for those who are vegan/vegetarian but do also have some items for those carnivores like myself who just need a little piece of meat. Freshly squeezed orange juice and all food is made fresh to order using the best organic locally grown food! Portions are a very decent size! Let's just say I have a super yummy dinner waiting for me when I get home.

• Visited May 2013
Kent, Washington
“Guy ate here....... so did I.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Darby's is a neat little hole in the wall place. I enjoyed the owners and staff and the food was good. I rank most places on their corned beef hash and Darby's was ok, but not fantastic. I also tried their Bloody Mary...... it was also just ok, I want to go back and give it a second try so I can really see if it's all that, I hope it is.

• Visited February 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Everything we expected”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We chose Darby's because of Diner's, Drive-In's, and Dive's and it certainly didn't disappoint. My son had the jalapeno quesadilla's and they are loaded with heat! He also had hot cocoa and when our waitress asked if he wanted it with whipped cream or "beautiful", he went with beautiful and got an expertly crafted leaf in the foam like we get on coffee. I had the Mediterranean Vegan burger and it was loaded with toppings. My husband and I both had salads that were fresh and I highly recommend the cranberry balsalmic vinaigrette. My husband also had the (can't remember the name) grilled sandwich with ham, cheese, and apple slices. Great! The highlight was dessert...the blueberry crunch roller is as good in person as it looked on tv. Aside from the food, the funky atmosphere was fun with lots of things to look at.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst experience ever”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I went to Darby's because it was featured on food network. It was a complete disaster my oyster sandwich came out cold and nasty and my boyfriend beef party was burnt not to mention we where waiting seated nearly an hour the waitress even forgot to bring me salad. My best advice is don't waste your time or money at that restaurant if the nasty food doesn't turn you off the weird looking staff will.

• Visited March 2013