“Very good food, service can be slow”

Peppers Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #172 of 345 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Olympia, Washington
“Very good food, service can be slow”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We have been to this hometown Mexican restaurant a number of times so obviously we like the food. The service has been fine on some visits. A couple of times they have been very slow and, unfortunately, did nothing to achnowledge that. Not even an apology.

On our most recent visit we took advantage of the salsa bar to enjoy the freshly made warm tortilla chip appetizer. My dinner of chile rellenos, cheese enchilada, and guacamole tostada was excellent. My wife got the enchilada espinacas. My daughter also got the guacamole tostada. My son had the cheese enchiladas. We are very content with this visit (after a day of hiking at Mt. St. Helens.)

Prices are typical for a Mexican restaurant.

The decor is simple and the crowd on Sunday night of Labor Day weekend was casually dressed.

We have not gotten desserts at this establishment.

The soft drinks had free refills. That was welcome since I was thirsty from our walk.

If the service were more reliable I would rate them higher.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank schota1

Olympia, Washington
“High prices, slow service”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I did not realize that asking for mole sauce on the enchiladas would double the price. The service was excrutiatingly slow and when I got my meal the sour cream and guacamole was missing. I did not point this out because I figured it would take to long to milk the cow and grow the avocado. And the mole sauce was very salty. The salsa for the chips was very tasty, and the restaurant offers a salsa bar.

Sparks, Nevada
“Best salsa selection AND fresh-lime margaritas”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Appreciate the welcoming staff, authentic salsa choices (at the salsa bar IN the bar), fresh, warm tortilla chips...we tried the spinach quesadilla, our friends split the spinach enchilada and all were pleased--yes, a round of spinach for all, thanks! We loved the bargain prices and the custom approach to margaritas. The evening we were there, any type of tequila could be used in a margarita for the same price (!) and you can request fresh lime rather than those awful, sugary mixes. Have yet yet to sample more of their food.

• Visited April 2012
Seattle area
“Average mexican food with good service.”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I have been here a dozen times it is an average Mexican restaurant menu nothing that really sets it apart from any other enchilada and burrito place. Good for a quick lunch with coworkers etc. Good service as a general rule.

Visited November 2011
Olympa, WA
“Average to good”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Dependable mexican food at a reasonable price. Delivery is dependable too.

Been to Peppers Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!