“Sophisticated but casual”

Waterstreet Cafe and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterstreet Cafe and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 354 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Legion Way
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Nice place emphasizing local seafood and a comprehensive wine list. Friendly, professional service, an attractive interior (cozy on a chilly January evening), and an interesting menu. A nice step up from several of the rather generic alternatives in Olympia.

2  Thank sundogg99

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I really felt relaxed and comfortable at the Water St Cafe I have not found a better restaurant in Olympia. Thank you Jeff and staff!

1  Thank Kyle E
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had lunch at the Water Street Cafe.
I was confused by their lunch menu. The description of the offerings were oddly written. For instance, one of the descriptions was: roasted chicken, pesto, BLT, foccacia.
Did that mean roasted chicken OR BLT?
I learned it meant BOTH.
My husband ordered it and found it so very good that he called out to the chef "GOOD job on the sandwich!"
I ordered the grilled ham and cheese (minus the green bell pepper and onion also listed as ingredients.)
The ham was very nice, shaved thin and piled on high on crispy warm focaccia. I asked for no green bell peppers as I'm allergic. There was no problem in dropping the ingredients. The cheese was just enough..not overwhelming, and yet not understated. It was perfectly melted, as well.

My fries were a bit on the flaccid side, but it was plain they had been made there, not shaken out of a big fifty pound sack of frozen potato sticks.
The prices were a bit high for a lunch menu.

My husband's coffee was hot, black and just right.
Service was prompt, professional and just right..not too intrusive, and yet there when we needed something.
It took a bit longer than I would have expected for our food to arrive, considering there was only one other couple in the restaurant, and they arrived AFTER we did. But that's okay. Perhaps they'd ordered immediately upon entering. We dawdled.
We could have sat in front of the fireplace on this first day of truly frigid weather. We chose not to.
While it's not overly romantic in atmosphere, it is a nice, quietly understated (even the music was nice and quiet) and rather elegant restaurant.
We'll go back.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We made reservations through Open Table and the four of us arrived close to 7 p.m. The dining room has changed since we were there last, with a view now of the kitchen area. We ordered drinks and caught up.

We ordered the Thai crab cakes for an appetizer. They were wonderfully prepared and tasted great! For dinner, the ladies ordered the 5 oz. Beef Tenderloins, he ordered the True Cod and I had the Schnitzel. As a specialty order, I asked for a dinner version of the Chop Salad. Without hesitation, the answer was YES!

Both tenderloins were cooked to perfection. It's a good thing that they didn't order the 10 oz. variety as it was plenty to eat. The cod was reported to be heavenly. (It was gone before I had a chance to look it over.) And, the schnitzel was great...with cooked cabbage, Yukon gold potatoes and covered with a great mustard relish. I won't even tell you about the great deserts. You'll have to go there and taste everything yourselves.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great food, had a NYE dinner and got one of the last seats in the house. Went with a party of 4 and we all enjoyed our meals, we will be back for sure!