“Good food, crappy service”
Review of Sage's Brunch House - CLOSED

Sage's Brunch House
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The wait staff here are incredibly rude. I have been to Sage's many times over the years and finally made the decision to never go back. The food is great, but no matter how nice I am to the wait staff (and how patient since it can take more than 30 minutes just to get a glass of water) they always treat me like I'm ruining their day by being alive. I thought there was something I was doing wrong until I started hearing from other people that always have the same experience. It seems the only people that are treated well are the friends of the owner.

1  Thank olyfischers

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I live in the neighborhood and go to Sage's on a fairly regular basis.

First, let me point out a few things that I think Sage needs to work on:
1) your wait staff really are lazy! Coffee cups go empty and you basically have to go up to the counter to ask them for a refill. Not cool, they should make the Roy ds regularly as the space is small and wouldn't take more than a minute.

2) no specials - ever. Give us some seasonal choices. Mix it up a little.

3) consistency. When you cook the food is great. When you were out for that couple months because of your injury, the food really suffered! I mentioned this to you and you didn't seem to care! Most business owners would have comped a meal to make up for the 4 bad ones I had when you were out. Not you! Bad business sense!

Now the good:
1) the food really is good! Huevos rancheros, beneficial Benedict, etc. all good ( if Sage is cooking ).

2) good coffee.

3) locally owned and run.

4) location

5) sage is personable and friendly.

I really hope they fix the problems because I would love to see this neighborhood establishment thrive!

1  Thank OlympiaToad
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Quirky (and by that I mean small with limited appeal) menu. I am sure for those people who want Eggs benedict with a Salmon and Capper cake then it is great but not appealing to me.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

My Greener son brought us to this funky wholesome dinner. It did not disappoint. Healthy wholesome food without pretention.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

I've been to Sage's four times. The lure of fresh and unique plates of food has kept me coming back, but . . . . there are always people smoking outside and then coming inside stinking up the place, friends of the employees seem to make up more than 50% of guests at any one time (this is fine except that the staff seems to socialize more than work much of the time), and the prices are not low. During this last visit, the assistant cook was slightly manic, was singing out loud, talking to himself on topics inappropriate for a family restaurant (and the owner was right there!) - - not conducive to a pleasant meal. And the food really varies with this last visit the worst: the salmon in my scramble was very "fishy", dry and old; the potato pancake was slimy, unbrowned, tasteless. The little side salad was yummy, but was no different than the spring mix you get in the bag at the grocery store. I am going to go back a couple more times to try meals I haven't yet tasted, but if the meal is not better, I will spend my money elsewhere. I WANT to like Sage's so I am sad to find I really don't.

1  Thank MeMeetal