“Fake Japanese Food”

Koibito Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #168 of 349 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A friendly quaint Japanese cuisine eatery serving creative made-to-order rolls, the freshest sashimi, variety bento boxes, udon and other popular dishes.
“Fake Japanese Food”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I went to Koibito Restaurant in Olympia Wa for the first time. The Menu was basic and Sushi was over-priced for the Menu selection and quality. I was disappointed as the food was prepared Korean style and it was not Japanese taste.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank FunToTVL

olympia, wa
“Nothing to write home about. Okay for Oly.”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I decided to go check out the new expansion (they punched out the street-side wall to add booths and tables). I've never been to a weekday lunch there, and found it pretty crowded for 1 p.m. In my business most people take lunch at 1 p.m., since that is when the stock market closes. I sat at the bar, and decided to order a bento box since I hadn't had one of theirs before. I asked the waitress if they had bento boxes, and she rattled of a list of different types. I said I'd have the beef, and she asked if I wanted spicy tuna. I thought it must come with the dish (wrong), and said yes. I should have said no. She brought out a big tuna roll that could have been lunch all by itself. So much for a light meal. My fault. The bento box wasn't really what I expected: An American salad with Thousand Island dressing, a scoop of white rice, and a bed of shredded, plain cabbage topped with stringy beef smothered in teriyaki sauce. I'm not a big fan of Teriyaki, and should have questioned the waitress more about what would be in the box. Lesson learned: Don't order the bento box. And if you sit at the bar, order sushi or sashimi. Their service here is friendly and attentive. I've eaten here quite a few times, and they get a solid C

• Visited August 2013
Olympia, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Local Sushi House”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I go into Koibito on Harrison on a regular basis and others must as well because they are expanding the dining room. Always freshly hand made Sishi and a very nice comforting Miso Soup. Never disappointed. Nice friendly Family Staff as well...

Visited May 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We use this restaurant for either dining in or take out. The sushi is always fresh. The wait staff is very friendly and they remember you when you come again. They give children a lollipop when they are leaving. We have never been disappointed in the food. It is very casual -- come as you are.

Visited January 2013
Portland, Oregon
“good food”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

i go to koibito often- yummy! the food is fresh and service is very good. they have a wide selection and fast service!!!!!!

Visited December 2012