“Wonderful service and excellent food”

Gardner's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Gardner's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 354 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Gardner's has been family owned since 1983 and has proven to be the favorite place to dine in Olympia. Gardner's Executive Chef Dan Keith favors the freshest local and seasonal ingredients. Everything is created from scratch, including soups and sauces to an abundance of desserts. With many local wines offered by the glass or by bottle, you are sure to find that perfect pour for any entrée. We hope you join us soon. Make your reservation by telephone or online at Open Table.
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The outside of Gardner's doesn't look like much. But, the inside is wonderfully maintained and creates a cozy, romantic atmosphere (even though I was there with a group). The service was wonderful, with excellent suggestions and engagement. The food was also excellent. Highly recommend.

2  Thank Eman R

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We love the food here...the chefs consistently put out good food, often with a pairing of flavors you won't find elsewhere. My husband swears this is the only restaurant he knows of that can produce perfect razorclams every single time...something to do with Leon, we think:-). I typically have one of the shrimp dishes - always a treat - and when I'm not ready for fish, the chicken piccata is my fall-back selection. We took our grandsons there once, and the younger one wanted chicken alfredo - not on the menu, but they made it anyway and he pronounced it the best he'd ever had. Quite a compliment from a chicken alfredo connoisseur! And then there are the desserts - save room because there is always at least one you'll want to try. Their marionberry cobbler is always good. Several years ago, the kitchen was kind enough to prepare a large one for me, which I took on a plane to Washington, DC. My east coast staff still chuckle when talk about the time they ate Marion Berry (the then-mayor or DC) cobbler. As for the staff, they don't come any better - taking care of customers like they were family. Most of the staff have been there for probably decades - at least as long as I have been going there (except for Amanda, who is relatively new, but fits in like she was made for the place). We eat at Gardner's as often as we can, but for sure you will find us there on October 25 (or thereabouts if that's a Sunday or Monday) because that's where my husband proposed:-)! So 5 stars for romantic!!

5  Thank Lynne M
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were staying at the Doubletree and decided to give this place a try. From the warm greeting at the door to the time we finished our meal the service was great throughout. While some might think the place to be a little pricey we found the prices to be well within reason; the menu selection is varied enough to cater to all tastes, the meals we had were certainly good and came to the table pipping hot. All in all a good experience.

4  Thank VancouverLL
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Was disappointed in the food. It was OK but far from wow. the Cioppini was mostly steamers. there was mystery chunks of very chewy something's, that looked like imitation fish. not one piece of salmon or halibut. 1 big shrimp and two scallop. The Roo was good. the dinner rolls tasted to be 4 days old. the pecan desert was excellent.
Service and atmosphere were good.

2  Thank stuart d
Reviewed January 24, 2014

What a nice surprise we had when we had dinner at Gardner's. As we parked our car and looked at the exterior of the building, we were wondering what we were in for. Once inside, we found a little gem of a restaurant in Olympia. What we enjoyed the most in that rustic interior of a restaurant is the outstanding service we received by the "team approach" of the servers.

They seem to know each other’s very next move... we were seated by one, waited on by another, water top off by another, order taken, food presented, dessert by another, you get the idea. It was excellent service and done with a friendly smile. The drinks & food were very good good for the price point.

My wife started with a peach martini and they have a nice wine list, with plenty of Northwest wines to choose from. Everything was quite fresh and it was cooked & seasoned to perfection. My wife had the fettuccine, a delicious blend of pasta, seafood and mushrooms bathed in a velvety lobster sauce, was delectable. I tried the Dungeness crab casserole, which was also good... the sweetness of the seafood attested to its freshness.

There is no dessert menu, so "one of the servers" brought a large tray laden with mouth-watering treats. We shared the apple bread pudding, which was one of the best we’ve ever had”

Fun time... good food... don't judge this book by it's cover.

4  Thank bigdaddy73

Been to Gardner's Restaurant? Share your experiences!