“Never got the chance”
Review of Black Bear Diner - CLOSED

Black Bear Diner
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Never had the chance to get served. My husband and I like to go out for breakfast when we have the day off from work. We decided to go to The Black Bear dinner in Olympia. Since it was just the 2 of us we said that we wouldn't mind sitting at the dinner counter instead of booth or other seating. There were 6 seats open at the counter and we were asked to wait a few minutes because that server had just gotten some customers seated and they wanted to seat us in a different section. After 15 minutes of standing, a woman walked in and said party of 1 and told the male host that she was going to sit at the counter. He waved her by. Then a male walked in and again he said he was going to sit at the counter and was told to go ahead. Neither of these people put their name on a waiting list. I ask how much longer we would have to wait and was told that there was one more party ahead of us. I restated that there was only 2 of us and there were 4 seats still open at the counter. He walked away from us. We were never verbally abusive but I was hungry and getting annoyed. We chose to leave and go to the competitor down the street. This has left a sour taste for ever wanting to go back to that establishment.

1  Thank Happy_Camper_EM1

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I like this restaurant due to the variety of comfort foods (something for everyone!) and decent prices. Service is a bit variable, but the food is pretty consistent and there are some good servers.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

On my last visit for my birthday I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they have peanut butter milkshakes...best milkshake I've ever had and they left the container with extra milkshake so it was like two servings...and it's peanut butter so it's kinda like health food,right?LOL

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Excellent. Huge breakfasts and a large menu. Friendly service. The food is delicious with cheesy sauces and fluffy eggs, huge omelets with good
potatoes, everything is good!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This restaurant has repeatedly performed poorly in the inspector's reports. In fact, it has been one of the lowest scoring restaurants in Olympia and it's area as far as safe handling of food!

1  Thank dea44