“Don't bother”
Review of Black Bear Diner - CLOSED

Black Bear Diner
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband & I ate there in early August. The wait staff seemed to not care & they were slow. The bench seats were dirty & the whole place seemed "tacky". The biscuits & gravy were memorable only because they were so bad. I have never had sausage gravy that wasn’t decent but this wasn’t. We also shared a bear claw but that wasn't memorable either. Ugh, so disappointing. We will never go back. Sent comment to company on their website but never heard back.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This diner continually gets the worst restaurant inspections of any I have seen locally. At one time, the health department closed it down and just recently, August, 2012, I read the inspection that was as nearly as poor as last year's. I cannot understand how they stay in business.

Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We were looking for a nice place to have breakfast and saw that the parking lot was relatively full. The decor is cute, rustic, woodsy bear theme. The menu is printed on news print and was a nice surprise. Lots of choices and the prices were very reasonable. The food was good and plentiful! My hubby had the "Volcano" which was a stack of pancakes, two eggs on top, bacon and sausage. I ordered the Cali Eggs Benedict...typical Benedict but with bacon, spinach & tomatoes with country potatoes. The only downfall to breakfast was the sparse and neglectful service of our waitress. A waitress in another area took pity on husband with his sad face when he had only enough syrup for half of his pancakes.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stopped for lunch and the service was slow and when the food got there it was cold and under cooked. We complained and the manager gave a note to come back and give them an other try, we don't think so.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

We ate at this resturaunt for breakfast two days in a row, it is a great value and great food. The portions are large that you will not need to each lunch after finishing. It is the same price as an IHOP, Denny's, or Shari's, but a lot better food and portions. If you looking for a good breakfast, this is the place to try.