“Fresh, friendly, and fantastic!”

Doe Bay Resort & Retreat
Reserve with OpenTable
Doe Bay Resort & Retreat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Olga
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The waterfront Doe Bay Café on the southeast shore of Orcas Island in the San Juan Islands of Washington State is dedicated to celebrating the unique seasonality, flavor and freshness of Orcas Island farms, foragers and fishermen with every plate that comes out of our kitchen. Thursday night is Pizza and Open Mic Night.
“Fresh, friendly, and fantastic!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I love the food at Doe Bay Cafe. They have amazing local fare (usually fresh from their garden) and they also typically have something that you can't eat if you have food allergies/preferences. They are incredibly kind and helpful and also have DELICIOUS cocktails. Go here with an open mind and willingness to try something new and you will not be let down. The service can be a bit slow at times, but it is a relaxed atmosphere and when you are out this far on the island, you typically don't have somewhere to be, so why rush? We come here 2-3 times a year when we stay at the Doe Bay Resort and enjoy each meal we've had.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lilleblomst

Dallas, Texas
“Fresh and creative brunch . . . best brunch on our trip”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were refered to the Doe Bay Cafe by some local residents in Eastsound as well as our host back in Anacortes recommended it. So we decided to go for brunch and it was a beautiful scenic drive to Doe Bay. This cafe is a delicious farm to table establishment. There was a small group playing a little music that added to the cozy appeal and bay views. Our servers we very knowledgable about the menu and the preparation and more than willing to go ask the chef if they weren't certain. My wife and I decided to shared 3 entrees: a garden special dish with fried egg, dudgeons crab cakes with fried egg and the caramelized brioche french toast - these were all very fresh, creative, tasty dishes! The coffee was pretty good as well. We intended to come back for dinner based on our experience but were too full. We visited the last weekend in September.

Highly recommend this well kept secret!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mini6322
Charlottetown, Canada
“Amazing Find”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My son, husband and I had dinner here and absolutely loved this place! The food was tastefully prepared and presented. My son and I had a kale salad as an appetizer..it was served with a lemon vinaigrette that just brought the flavours of the kale and other ingredients to life. My husband had what he said was the best squash soup he had ever tasted! For mains, I had a cheese plate which consisted of goat cheese, marinated blueberries, honey, pears and grainy mustard...what made it such a wonderful dish was the beautiful combination of flavours! My husband had scallops which he thoroughly enjoyed and my son had the carrot risotto which was also delicious. They sprung for dessert and had cheesecake and chocolate cake - both well worth the calories.

• Visited October 2013
Oregon
“Worth driving to”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

At first I was hesitant to drive here but it was ABSOLUTELY worth it. The food was unique and fresh from the garden. We ended up sitting at the bar and found ourselves talking to the owner who was delightful - a real pleasure! Lovely ambience to the whole place and the staff were unsurpassed in friendliness and service. A "must go" if you visit the Island.

Visited September 2013
Seattle
“Oh, well.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

There were no other customers when I walked into the tiny store/office to get info about the resort. Yet the two women behind the counter totally ignored me. Guess I won't be staying there. I'd read good things about the restaurant, but beware the limited hours. It was only open for a couple days a week in early September.

1 Thank C E