“Pea Pods and Tatoos”

Doe Bay Resort & Retreat
Reserve with OpenTable
Doe Bay Resort & Retreat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Olga
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The waterfront Doe Bay Café on the southeast shore of Orcas Island in the San Juan Islands of Washington State is dedicated to celebrating the unique seasonality, flavor and freshness of Orcas Island farms, foragers and fishermen with every plate that comes out of our kitchen. Thursday night is Pizza and Open Mic Night.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I had a delicious lunch at the Cafe. Other than the halibut in our fish tacos, most of the ingredients were locally sourced. The food was delicious and served with a smile. We topped off our lunch with a scrumptious peanut butter cookie. Doe Bay resort is known for attracting a countercultural crowd, and the restaurant staff does not disappoint.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The fresh ingredients from the cafe's garden make for delicious creations. Can't say enough good things about the food. The view is fantastic. Service was a bit slow and they weren't entirely prepared for us despite a reservation. Given that and the somewhat rustic atmosphere, it seemed a bit over-priced.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I love everything about this place. Makes me want to quit my day job and come serve coffee at the cafe or work in the garden. I like the community feel even though I show up only once a year its like I never left. See you soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Doe Bay Cafe was highly recommended to us and it did not disappoint. We dropped by for lunch, which was more of a late brunch according to their menu. The gravlax with cheese, bagel, salad and two eggs was a massive meal. More than one person alone could eat. The duck egg on grits was delicious. The coffee, by Local Goods, was so good that we bought some beans to bring home at the resort gift shop. The staff was friendly and helpful. The music was a touch too loud, but it was good music, so we enjoyed it, and the view of the bay was stunning.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were blown away by our meal at the Doe Bay Cafe! It is definitely worth the drive from anywhere on the island. I had the Northwest Pho--it was absolutely bursting with flavor from all the fresh vegetables and herbs! I'm still thinking about it weeks later! My husband had the halibut and said it was some of the best he's ever had. We also shared a salad which was absolutely delicious. The building is modest and unpretentious, but the setting is gorgeous, with windows looking out onto Doe Bay. Just make sure to make a reservation ahead of time--others arriving without a reservation had to wait for an hour for a table. We will definitely return next time we're on the island! Just wish it was closer!