All reviews soaking pools community kitchen orcas island general store main office happy place hot tubs and sauna laid back low tide clams small cabin otter cove unique place any sort moran state park yoga classes small store
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Tremendously friendly staff, outstanding cafe and a small store with all the essentials to cover a night or three. Grounds are well maintained with the right amount of unspoiled. All the negative reviews of the cabins are just people who were never meant to enjoy Doe Bay anyway. This is a beautiful spot with tons of deer and other wildlife, close to all the trails in Moran State park and a short drive to the shops and restaurants of Eastsound.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
DoeBay, General Manager at Doe Bay Resort & Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! You are always welcome at Doe Bay! I wanted to let you know that our rates drop substantially in the months from October through May and the quiet season is such a great time to enjoy Doe Bay. If that isn't incentive enough, if you contact me in advance of placing the reservation I will apply an additional discount to your stay. So, now you have a friend at Doe Bay and even more reason to come!

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

From the minute we hopped on the magical ferry ride over and drove the winding road through the trees, I could feel myself relax. Doe Bay was even better than I imagined. My little family of 4 (kids 8 and 4) thoroughly enjoyed the quiet open fields and fairy paths, sea creature searching at low tide, marshmallow roasting with new friends in the evening, and star gazing on our walks at night. We saw white deer, orcas, red rock crabs, starfish, eagles, seals, all for the first time, and none in cages or tanks! We relaxed in our beds in the treehouse(which blew our kids minds!) and ate all of our meals outside. It was a wonderful break from the congestion and over-stimulation of our everyday lives. I do wish there were family hours in the hot pools where clothing was required for all. There were one or two creepers, so we skipped taking our kids. That would be my only suggestion. We cannot wait to return!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
DoeBay, General Manager at Doe Bay Resort & Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! You are always welcome at Doe Bay! We're so glad that you had a great stay but very troubled about your concern that there were "creepers" in our spa area. When I hear that it sounds so scary and not my experience of the kind of person who uses our facility. To be clear, were the creepy people actually doing something creepy or was this on appearance alone? If there was a problem I trust you would have reported it so I am left wondering how you arrived at the conclusion that the persons you saw were problematic? Its important for us to know the distinction so we can follow up if there were actually problems. We work hard to cultivate a safe and comfortable space for all and our tubs are very popular with families of even very small children.

I wanted you to know that our rates start to plummet from October through April, so please consider a visit during this timeframe. If you write me at generalmanager@doebay.com I may be able to apply an additional discount for your stay! THANK YOU!

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

I love this place. I have been coming to orcas island for a couple summers now and have ventured over to Doe Bay to use the hot tubs and eat at the cafe in the past, but never stayed until this last week. There is something special going on here! Time is slowed down by the profound beauty! The staff’s kindness made me feel cherished, and the food amazed me. This place provided a much needed retreat from my city life. Definently coming back!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
DoeBay, General Manager at Doe Bay Resort & Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! You are always welcome at Doe Bay! Please keep in mind that our rates plummet from October through May and spring, fall and winter are really the best time to be here. Please email River at generalmanager@doebay.com before your next visit and I would be happy to apply a discount for your stay in gratitude for your feedback and support.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

We stayed in a yurt at Doe Bay Resort, enjoyed a great breakfast at the restaurant, soaked in the hot tubs each evening, admired the beautiful view, and shared the kitchen. Wonderful. Comfortable accomodations!

Room tip: The shared kitchen was a bonus--we were able to prepare our own meal!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
DoeBay, General Manager at Doe Bay Resort & Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Can't say how much we appreciate the feedback! You are always welcome at Doe Bay!

Reviewed September 12, 2018

First, Doe Bay needs to take the word "resort" out of its name. This is not a resort under any possible definition of the word. Further, for what it is, it is extremely overpriced. The view from the dirty and dumpy chairs and benches overlooking the bay is very nice and the three hot tubs (clothing optional) were clean and well maintained but that it about it. The staff at check-in were much less than helpful, actually unfriendly. The changing room at the hot tubs was not clean and the showers dripped constantly. Our accommodations were laughably small with a small bed, a terrible bathroom with no sink and a sign over the kitchen sink instructing us to was the dishes for the next guest. There was no service of the room at all, not even taking out the garbage, never mind making up the room. The landscaping, if you could even call it that, was dried weeds and grass and falling down trees.
The lack of care extended to the staff. When we arrived, about an hour earlier than check-in, we asked if there was a way to get any phone service as we had none. The lady at the front desk said to try going out onto a rock sticking out over the water. She could have told us that there is WiFi and we could have used that but she couldn't be bothered.
We had made dinner reservations on OpenTable for their cafe but were told that the cafe was closed. When we asked for a recommendation in the area we were told to look on the Chamber of Commerce website. Not helpful. There has to be a better option on this island than this place.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple