“Just an average motel - nothing more.”

Quality Inn Okanogan
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Okanogan
BC
“Just an average motel - nothing more.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were a bit disappointed with this motel. Although the place was almost empty, we did not get a renovated room like they show in the pictures. Our room was a little on the shabby side with old beds, pillows and bedding, towels that were badly in need of replacing, an a/c unit that barely worked and was extremely loud and garbage on the floor from the previous occupant. The mirror had a large break running across it. We understand that the motel is being renovated so will overlook the workmen on site and noise from that but would have been nice if they had advised that at the time of booking. The pool is quite small and a bit noisy being right beside the highway (lots of semi's going by). They do provide a breakfast of cereal, toast, waffles, juice and coffee. Other than the casino, there is nothing close by. Overall, for the price we paid, we wouldn't recommend this motel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Quality Inn Okanogan, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Sorry for the inconvenience. Actually one day before you checked in we blocked most of the rooms for the renovation so as to finish it as fast as possible and thanks for letting us know the problems you faced, we definately take care in future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great service. Excellent location and price. Rooms very spacious, worked out perfect as a family member used a walker in the room. Casino located just a short walk down the road. I recommend this Inn for anyone passing thru or looking for a nice weekend get-away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Glenda S
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2012

When it comes to no frills hotels I am expecting no frills, usually out dated and hoping that perhaps the rooms may at least be re-furbhised, but the whole point is to be clean, comfortable, and safe. The Okanogan Inn fits this category and I give this place 4 stars based on that. Clean and refurbished rooms with comfortable beds and definitely adequate for a stay over as you pass through. The staff is very friendly. For good "bar food" (burgers, OUSTANDING french dip, eat at The Club which is just a few minutes away in the town).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Kfar-Tavor
Greenwood, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Although it was older and getting run down we continued to stay there because it was clean, reasonable and the staff (with the exception of a few over the course of 15 years) were exceptional.
With the new managers there now the rooms are being refurbished and are looking great. The price is still reasonable and the new management are very friendly and accommodating. We would not hesitate to recommend the Inn to our friends and family.
Andrew Shelton

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dianne S
GBasra, General Manager at Quality Inn Okanogan, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Papillion
Reviewed August 27, 2011

My best description is that it is not the worst hotel I have stayed in. I read the reviews online that it was no frills, outdated but a clean friendly place to stay and since it was very economical and I knew I would only be sleeping here about 4 hours it was a good choice. It is clean, I can't take that away from it. It is very outdated and since it sits next to the casino my guess is there is a lot of that clientele in here quite often. I did see people in here that I believe came from over there. Judging by the cars in the parking lot, it gets a mix of folks. Negatives- I stayed in August and walked into a humid hot room because they did not have the air on for my arrival. Bad deal for me and almost enough to make me walk out. (may have if it had not been 2 am after 19 hrs in the car), guy behind the desk seemed to have no clue what he was doing but was friendly. (thinking the worst that will happen is I wont get charged for my stay because he did not seem to be doing things the right way), pillows on the bed were MAYBE an inch thick..smashed down pathetic little creatures they were and when my husband went down to request additional pillows, he was told they were out of pillows. Bed is not horrible, and there is a microwave and mini fridge. I might stay here again under the same circumstances but I will order extra pillows and my a/c started. However, if you are looking for a super comfy environment I would recommend going 5 miles north to Omak and choosing something a bit different. This will do if you are passing through and just want a clean place to drop your head.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Laura C
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My friend and I were travelling through Washington State towards Osoyoos, BC and so we stayed at this location due to the location and cost. I was certainly not disappointed! The room was very specious and clean, the bed was comfortable, plus a continental breakfast was included. Plus free wi fi thoughout the hotel.

If you are not picky about decor and simply want a clean, comfortable hotel at a very reasonable rate, stay here!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank zebedeesolive
GBasra, General Manager at Quality Inn Okanogan, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Seattle, WA
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I had originally booked two nights, but moved to the Best Western Peppertree in Omak for the second night. I had business in Okanogan, but wasn't at all familiar with the area, so I booked here just based on the fact that it was apparently in the same town i was going to.

This property is right off the highway, but not actually near anything except a casino. There is a restaurant on the property, but they were closed when I checked in. It's about a five-minute drive into Okanogan, too far to walk to anything.

The staff was very pleasant - I'll give them that one!

The room was very small. Even though there were only a handful of guests, they put me on the ground floor looking at the parking lot instead of with a nicer view back towards the river. It was late when I arrived, so it wasn't worth asking to change rooms, but you'd think they'd just give people the best they have available.

The rooms are very basic.....not really decorated at all, just an eclectic combination of furniture. The bed was reasonably comfortable, but the pillows were terrible, and the bath towels were very thin. The rooms come with a microwave and refrigerator, but my microwave only worked intermittently. The hotel advertises cable, but there were only about six channels available. Cell phone reception was non-existent in the building. I had to go to the parking lot to use my phone. They offer wireless internet access, but it didn't work too well either.

There is a continental breakfast offered, but I skipped it due to having a breakfast meeting.

If you're driving through the area, and you just want a place to grab a night's sleep, this isn't an awful place - but I wouldn't stay for more than one night, and if I'd known about the new Best Western in Omak and how close Omak was, I'd have booked there in the first place. This place is going to need to step up their game a little bit.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank SeattleElikapeka
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okanogan
Best Western Plus Peppertree Inn at Omak
#1 of 1 in Brewster
Twisp River Suites
Twisp River Suites
#1 of 5 in Twisp

Been to Quality Inn Okanogan? Share your experiences!