Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Nautilus(Ocean Shores)
View Hotel
The Sands Resort(Ocean Shores)
  • Pool
Grey Gull(Ocean Shores)
View Hotel
Ocean Shores Inn & Suites(Ocean Shores)
View Hotel
All reviewswaves restaurantocean viewwafflesclosest hotelclam cleaning stationaccess roadbreakfast roomfirst floorcorner roomsliding doorsmall balconytop floorsitting areapet friendly roomfree breakfastelectric fireplaceindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2013

It was a nice way to spend spring break with my nieces and nephew plus its pet friendly so I was able to bring my dog with us. This hotel sits right off the beach a very beautiful location just a minute from the actual town so less traffic and more secluded. The hotel itself was very nice clean and comfortable it was awesome because my dog was able to enjoy a mini vacation with us. I really recommend this hotel to people with dogs since the weather wasn't that great we got to enjoy the day in the pool which is indoors very warm and the kids loved it. The lights went out in the town when we were checking out and the manager Erika was able to return our redbox movie that was stuck in the DVD player. That was clearly above and beyond customer service and I really appreciate it THANK YOU best western for an awesome time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kweeny26
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was our first time at this resort as we are trying to find a replacement for our regular hotel. The view was great, the room good sized, and the bed was comfy. The goose down comforter and pillows were great! Unfortunately we ran into problems the first night with the room. As we were getting into bed, my wife felt some drops hitting her arm (we were on the top floor and it was raining out.) looking up, we saw a patch on the ceiling that looked to be spray painted white, bubbles, and water dripping out. Looks like they tried to repair it previously with spackle and spray paint! We rung up the front desk to report the problem. The clerk said we could move into another room, and he would even give us the same rate! I of course thought we were getting upgraded because of the inconvenience of moving at midnight. Of course they wouldn't bring up the new keys, so my wife went down to get them as I packed everything. The new room was 5 rooms down and was EXACTLY the same category. How nice of the front desk clerk to not charge us more for the same room! I felt so honored. In this room, the bed lamp was burned out, so I grabbed the bulb from the other room. Also this room's fireplace barely worked. Didn't want to say anything about that as the next room they might not give us the great deal of the same price for the same room.

One other thing is the dogs. Twice we were woken up VERY early in the morning due to barking dogs!

Reading the reports of the terrible breakfast, I thought people were exaggerating about the eggs. To my amazement, they were right! Rubbery texture, no flavor, disgusting. My wife likened them to squeaky cheese in consistency. The sausages were bad also. I was going to try a waffle, but there was a couple taking both makers, and I stopped waiting after their third a piece.

Didn't try the pool as it was jammed full of kids from 8am until 10pm. Didn't try the restaurant due to previous issues there.

We will more than likely return as we go to ocean Shores at least 3 times a year, and need a good ocean view and they have a wonderful view.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheREALgregma
Reviewed April 10, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Every September we spend a long family weekend at the ocean and we always stay here at the Best Western and have never been disappointed. It's on the edge of town so you don't hear traffic and noise and it's very close to the ocean, only 100 or 150 yards and you're on the beach. It's a short walk into town on the back road. They are always very friendly and accommodating. There's an indoor pool and hot tub and it gets busy in the afternoons with kids but in the evenings it quiets down. Outside they have a counter and sink to clean the clams you dug out on the beach. The units have a gas fireplace and small kitchen area so you can bring and cook your own food including the clams. There's a deck and chairs so you can sit out and enjoy the evening. There's a restaurant on the premises but we've never been very impressed. Breakfast is the usual hotel fare with industrial eggs and sausage. The waffles are good (you make your own) and there's lots of fruit and such. The best rooms are on the top floor facing the ocean and you'll likely see deer roaming the underbrush between the hotel and the beach. Sunsets are beautiful and I love to sit out on the deck with coffee and a book and enjoy the twilight. Book ahead, especially in the summer since there are many festivals on the weekends.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor facing the ocean are the best - quieter and a great view of the ocean and sunset.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rhiar23
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here several times over the years with our last visit in 2006. I was a bit concerned at some of the not so favorable reviews recently, However, we decided to book and stay here as our family has had special memories here. We were very pleased with our stay, The room was updated and very clean! We love the idea of being able to walk to the beach from our hotel. Each room has a ocean view which is a must if you are at the beach. The complimentary breakfast downstairs was nice and provided several items. All the staff here were very nice. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean facing room for a full view. There are a few side rooms that have a partial ocean view,
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family