We were walk-ins to this hotel because we were not sure where we would end up. Staff were wonderfully accomodating. Great room with fireplace overlooking the ocean. Furniture a little 80's, but very clean. Breakfast needs some work. Scrambled eggs were very over-cooked (brown bottom) and there did not seem to be any oversight of replenishment,
But the best was their restaurant - "Waves".
The antithesis of our previous night's experience the food was to die for. We had eaten a dozen fresh oysters before arriving (mignonette only!) and so again opted for small plates and a shared crab cake dinner. Oh those crab cakes!! They alone were worth the visit. If there was any filler, it was invisible.Two good sized, beautiful dungeness crab, crispy on the outside and nice and hot on the inside served with perfectly cooked veg. Yum! We had asked that the dinner not include potatoes or rice. The attentive server thought we may be looking for low carbs and thoughtfully brought the croutons for the salad (which came with the dinner) on the side, Now that's service!
Apparently the restaurant has a new chef and all I can say is "Eat here!!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suites Ocean Shores, Washington hotel offers beautiful ocean views and a relaxing atmosphere at a great price. Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Lighthouse Suites Inn where every guest will enjoy convenient access to local shops, restaurants and more. Ideally situated along one of Washington's beautiful coastlines, this Ocean Shores hotel is a short walk to the beaches and a variety of beach activities including clam digging, horseback riding, storm watching and beach combing. Enjoy a romantic ocean view from the well-appointed suite rooms. These spacious guest rooms come equipped with a fireplace, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, cable satellite television and high-speed Internet access. Note rooms don't have air conditioning. Complimentary breakfast daily from 7:00 to 10:00 a.m. Dine at the hotel's onsite restaurant with limited hours. The BEST WESTERN Lighthouse Suites Inn also features an indoor swimming pool, jetted spa, dry heat sauna, exercise facility, business services and meeting accommodations for up to 80 guests. The BEST WESTERN Lighthouse Suites Inn offers convenient access to attractions such as the Ocean Shores Convention Center, the Oyehut Wildlife Preserve and Protection Island. Guests will also enjoy spending the day exploring the Olympic Rainforest or touring Cooney Mansion or the Polson Railroad Museum. Ocean Shores also hosts a variety of festivals and events throughout the year for both locals and guests to enjoy. We do have pet friendly rooms. All of which are located on the first floor of our hotel. There is a two pet maximum per room and a non- refundable pet fee per day.The friendly, helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN Lighthouse Suites Inn is ready to ensure a relaxing and memorable stay in Ocean Shores, Washington. Make a reservation today and save at the BEST WESTERN Lighthouse Suites Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Lighthouse Hotel Ocean Shores
- Best Western Lighthouse Hotel
- Best Western Ocean Shores
- Ocean Shores Best Western