“Awesome people,great food!”

Portland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome people,great food!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

First time in the town we were looking for some seafood, since we were so close to the beach. Moby Dick's all you can eat fish and chips sign caught my attention and we decided to have our dinner there. The menu was awesome- where else you can order not only regular burgers but salmon,clam,shrimp and oyster burgers as well! We settled on oyster burger, seafood basket and clam chowder with fried bread. All food was delicious, especially clam chowder- much better than your regular,out of the can variety.
But the best part were the people who worked in this restaurant. In our group we had couple kids and a disabled person. The owner of the restaurant came over to "measure" kids who would get the free ice cream. Only our youngest would pass,but she motioned for the older one to crouch so that he would get ice cream,too. That was very sweet but I know that our disabled companion would get her feelings hurt if she wouldn't get the special treatment the kids got. I got up to pay for another ice cream,but without missing a beat the wonderful owner ordered for 3 ice cream cups! The ice cream arrived, dripping in caramel and I wasn't even allowed to pay for the extra adult one!
So very sensitive and sweet!

• Visited August 2014

“Skip the fish, order the chowder”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Someone told us to try Moby Dick's for fish and chips so we did. I am a seafood and chips lover and I did not love the fish here. I ordered the oysters, and was not impressed. The oysters came with their much advertised "fried bread" that was not done and doughy in the middle (yuck). My husband ordered the fish and I tried a bite and was glad I ordered the oysters. Maybe it was the cook that day but the panko coating was overdone and really crunchy and the fish was not flaky and moist. My granddaughter ordered the clam chowder and that was the bright spot in our visit. The chowder is quite good. If you go there, skip the fish and oysters and go for the chowder.

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States
“Fantastic fish and chips”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Some of the best fish and chips we've had anywhere, especially the halibut. Great shakes, too. We come here every trip to Ocean Shores and we've never been disappointed. Really nice service!

• Visited August 2014
“sit near a restroom when you get home”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Well first the very over weight guy at counter was rude and seem to not be having a good day. The fish was nice sized the Fry's were a little under cook. Then about a couple hours after eating well let's just say half a roll of tp later and running to restroom most of night I think next time we will pick somewhere else to eat

Elma, Washington
“Great burgers with crinkle fries.”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I am not a fish person and prefer to stick with turf meals... although the do offer unlimited fish and chips for $12.99 currently.

My burger was good. The fries were crinkled, which are my favorite. Plenty of toppings for the burger. The strawberry milkshake was made with real berries and old fashioned, bonus!

Overall, the facility lacks space and the ordering counter is situated horribly as the line blocks the door. They offer outdoor seating which is great if the weather holds.

The food is worth the stop but expect some delays and inconvenience maneuvering.

1 Thank DrHedrick