“Wealth of information Very Friendly helpful Staff and Free!”

Coastal Interpretive Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Hands-on learning experience, natural and cultural history of the area. Open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. No entry fee required, but donations are welcome.
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We walked in and were greated by two ladies who were very nice and gave us a lot of information not only about the history but things to see in the area. Small place but several little rooms filled with a lot of interesting things. Many things you can touch which makes it excellent for children to explore. On the way out you can have your kids pick out a free rock or sand dollar.

2  Thank TravellingAficionado

Reviewed September 8, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our time spend at this attraction. It is very well set up to see and has many 'hands on' items for children. Besides all the information about the ocean, animals, etc. there was some very interesting items about the history of Ocean Shores.

1  Thank Joyce M
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We have been to many interpritive centers, zoos etc. Infact our entier family enjoys learning about nature and all the "wonders" in it so we spend a lot of time watching the discovery channel animal planet and the like. We also visit every little place we can find just to "check it out". I had been told this was a neat place to visit and if we had time to go take a look. To be honest, I expected to be bored and disappointed. I have to say we were amazed! The all volunteer staff was friendly and informative. There is a ton of information available and lots of cool stuff! The majority being "hands on" and interactive.
We actually learned a lot from the staff and the exhibits and the worst thing I can say about the place is that we didn't have enough time. We could have easily spent hours there!
They accept donations and I understand that the city of Ocean Shores is considering shutting this place down because of budgeting issues. Please donate! This would be a horrible thing to loose!

2  Thank Kim N
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The place is crammed full of stuff and the 5 and 7 year olds enjoyed touching all the stuff and the staff were kid friendly! Us adults enjoyed all the information too!

1  Thank DRCtravel
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I rated this place very good because it's pretty interesting if you're curious about the history of Ocean Shores. The volunteers are extremely friendly and helpful. It's a little awkward when you first arrive because you're immediately met with a volunteer, but just remember it's free to visit and that they're ready into helping you.

It is a must-see?? Maybe... If you're on the fence, do it if the weather is bad. Overall, I came, I enjoyed and left knowing more about Ocean Shores than before I got there. Not bad when you think about it!

BTW - if you can afford it, make a donation (even a $1). No one pushes it, but it's a good thing to do.

2  Thank NWCN