“Great Emily”
Review of Emily's

Emily's
Reserve with OpenTable
Emily's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 46 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Named after Emily Sherwood, a well-respected elder of the Quinault Indian Nation, our restaurant carries the same characteristics; elegant, charming, and polished. Emily’s doesn’t disappoint when it comes to atmosphere and breathtaking views with panoramic vistas of the ocean from any table. Emily’s exceptional menu of fresh, Northwest specialties derive their emphasis from seasonal seafood and beef selections.Voted ’Best Fine Dining’ restaurant in Grays Harbor County, Emily’s takes pride in its attentive and personalized service providing the perfect backdrop to many memorable evenings. Think of Emily’s too when hosting your next anniversary celebration, prom night or just that romantic dinner for two.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Every time we go it is so nice to have wonderful staff helping you. Food is good and so are the views of the ocean. Bob said that the only thing that he does not like it the coffee is not hot. They are very happy to make a new pot every time we go. As I said the staff it wondrerul.
We go everytime we are at the beach.

1  Thank 10Grandma
QuinaultBeach, Marketing at Emily's, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience! We truly appreciate the feedback, and for doing so on TripAdvisor, so that your friends will know, as well.

Our staff is excellent, and I'm glad that you find them to be warm and inviting. I will be sure to share your comments with them!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I visit the Quinault often. I have the steamer clams. They are usually very good, however, this last visit I noticed they were very large clams which changes how they taste. I ate them any way oops. 2 hours later I was very ill. My reason for this review is to make sure any time you suspect
Food poison to report it to the management. My problem was when I did that they did not follow through. No return call. Then I go back to speak to someone the manager checked my time dining, waitress, and who had taken
My call. Then finally after telling me repeatedly that no one else had complained he reluctently refunded my money. I will go back there no thanks
To management. I just will not eat their seafood.
Always voice your concerns they can not fix it if you do not tell

I'm sorry to hear that you had such issues...we do take this very seriously, and I will follow up with the kitchen to reinforce the high standards that we have for our seafood and all food service in the resort. We have not had any other reports, so I feel confident that we are maintaining these.

I would like to follow up with you, however. I will send you a private message to find out more about your visit. Thank you for letting us know about your experience!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I had a great experience at Emily's last night. He had the spinach salad with cranberries and the planked salmon. Our waiter indicated that Copper River salmon was also available, and offered to have it served on an alder plank. Both were quite good, but the stars of the meal were my 2 choices. I had crab bisque that was great and the beef medallions and scallops combination which was served with mashed sweet potatoes and a wonderful sauce. I wish I could remember the menu description of my entre because the favors were so great.

Thank you so much for your comments! I'm glad that you enjoyed your meal. We do have some wonderful specialties in Emily's. The description for your dinner is as follows: "BEEF & SCALLOPS Medallions of beef tenderloin and diver scallops, layered with shiitake mushroom salsa, and served with curry sweet potato purée and sweet soy cream sauce".

Do hurry back!

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice dinner with scallops which my very picky husband says were very good! I had the Cornish game hen which was also good. I topped it off with the chocolate cake which was awesome. Dinner was kind of pricy though but it was still a good experience.

QuinaultBeach, Marketing at Emily's, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the scallops and cornish game hen in Emily's...and who can beat that view, right? Come on back soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Went there for the prime rib buffet. I always thought a buffet was a variety of foods. No fruits, one toss green salad, there was prime rib and salmon (I had salmon which I could not keep down). Looked like some store bought cookies for desert. Seating was really like a boring banquet atmosphere with folding tables. No ocean view yet it is an ocean view resort. We won't return unless it is to play the slots but never been lucky there. Seems to be very tight. Oh well.

2  Thank pollygirls
QuinaultBeach, Marketing at Emily's, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with our Prime Time Buffet! This is a favorite of our locals, who enjoy the great price for Prime Rib, Salmon, and the fixings. You may want to try our Land & Sea Buffet on Friday nights, where the selection is much larger and includes crab, and is currently served in Emily's with an ocean view.