“The Clam Chowder and Fish”
Review of Emily's

Emily's
Reserve with OpenTable
Emily's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 47 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Named after Emily Sherwood, a well-respected elder of the Quinault Indian Nation, our restaurant carries the same characteristics; elegant, charming, and polished. Emily’s doesn’t disappoint when it comes to atmosphere and breathtaking views with panoramic vistas of the ocean from any table. Emily’s exceptional menu of fresh, Northwest specialties derive their emphasis from seasonal seafood and beef selections.Voted ’Best Fine Dining’ restaurant in Grays Harbor County, Emily’s takes pride in its attentive and personalized service providing the perfect backdrop to many memorable evenings. Think of Emily’s too when hosting your next anniversary celebration, prom night or just that romantic dinner for two.
Poulsbo, Washington
“The Clam Chowder and Fish”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We didn't actually eat in the Emily's restaurant, but instead ate in the Ocean Lounge, which is serviced out of the Emily's kitchen. Basically it has a smaller, shorter, menu than the restaurant, but the food is the same.

I wanted to comment on the halibut fish & chips and the razor clam chowder. We had the fish and chips a few times, and it was consistently excellent. Having lived in Alaska, we are sort of "fish snobs" and only eat Halibut and Chips, usually. The coleslaw that came with it needs a little work, though. It was pretty dry and the cabbage strong.

The razor clam chowder was okay, but not great. I was not moved to try it more than once. My problem with it is that it was too monkeyed-with and over-poweringly herby. The herb was definitely not dill, and possibly rosemary. I find it interesting that another reviewer, who seemed to be there at the same time as we were, found it great, with a hint of dill. Maybe I got a poor batch, on August 12th. Clam chowder is one of those dishes where simple recipes are better. You want the clams, potatoes and cream to be the star, with support from a little bacon-as-a-flavoring and a low-key amount of vegetables. I was raised on clam chowder, lived near Clam Gulch, Alaska and my grandma knew Ivar, so I'm kind of picky. Seeing the other review makes me wish I had tried it one more time.

We enjoyed eating in the Ocean Lounge several times, because we could eat at a later time, after most other retaurants in Ocean Shores are closed. We are naturally late dinner eaters, when on vacation. Plus, their 1.99 breakfast special, served 24 hours a day, reminded us of Vegas.

The service was friendly and efficient, but at times really slow to get to and serve us, because they were frequently very busy. All-in-all, it was a great place to grab a bite to eat, while staying in the hotel.

• Visited August 2012

Seattle, WA
“Awesome food and service”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

First time here, so did lunch. Food was great and tasty. Outstanding service from Dani, so ask for her when you go. Beautiful view of lake, lawn in front of hotel. When asked what rooms to stay in, was told Fireplace Rooms, so will try in near future. Just down the road, did few short hikes to see trees and waterfalls. Good photography opps.

Visited April 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Go for the Fine Dining”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I would recommend spending a few more dollars and going for the fine dining. This is not a great buffet. They have taken a big conference room and set up a few choices for you to have a meal, in warming trays. They have prime rib and it is good, but there isn't much of a salad or desert selection. $14.95 with coupon, but for a little more you will get a better dinner.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Howieboy
Seattle
“Excellent food, great service”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We are there on Monday night and had a great experience. Not sure about the negative reviews but here's my take on it. We arrived earlier so didn't need a reservation and were seated immediately. We ordered prime rib and an appetizer. The bread and appetizer came at roughly the same time and the crab/artichoke dip was awesome. They serve these very thin, cracker-type things (sorry don't know a better way to describe them!) that are scrumptious. A couple at another table asked for some of that to go and I can see why. Our prime rib was cooked perfectly and the baked potato came uncut with a place of toppings for you to put on yourself. The potato was cooked perfectly as well. The waiter was super friendly and to be honest, it was a fabulous experience. We weren't staying at the hotel but we went there on the recommendation of the inn owner where we were staying. I'm so glad I took her advice!

My only comment that isn't positive isn't really a negative either. We don't smoke and since this is on the reseravation rules are different and you're at a casino so smoking indoors is allowed. If you are very sensitive to cigarette smoke you may not enjoy it. I could tell as soon as we walked in that they had smoking in the premises. Wasn't enough to drive me away. :)

• Visited July 2012
Yakima, Washington
“no limit on bacon”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

no limit on bacon at the breakfast buffet and a fair price at $12.99.

Visited June 2012