“Manger would rather do her make up then customer service!! Terrible”

Quinault Sweet Grass Hotel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed August 2, 2007

OUR STAY WAS TERRIBLE ,after a 3 HOUR drive my boys and I checked in however 25 MIN later they continued to say my credit card was DECLINED, come to find out it was their machine . Later that night my son was very sick with fever etc. turned onthe a/c , did not work . I then, went to the front desk to ask for a pillow but, they did not have any ; I then asked for 2 blankets which , were brought to my room , dirty and had grass in them . The next morning I went to make coffee but, The pot was dirty!!! I then at 8:30AM just checked out and asked for a manager BUT, I sttod up front for over 20 min and was then asked if I minded waiting in the lobby because their manger was in a bathroom doing her make up and could not be located !!!!!! I asked for a refund and was sent half , for the price I paid 172.50 FOR ONE night with one queen bed ,dirty,NO A/C, I wanted the entire stay refunded as was told !!! DO NOT STAY HERE , The water park is fun for the kids but, for the outrageous priceing you could stay at the shilo which,is much nicer.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ramanager, General Manager at Quinault Sweet Grass Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2007

I would like to apologize for the treatment you received while visiting our resort. Customer service is always my top priority. I do not know who you spoke with while you were on this property but I can guarantee it was not me from the description you gave. I would welcome a discussion with you and a description of the person you spoke with and understood to be the "manager" as well as the problems you had while visiting us.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 31, 2007

Ramada was okay. Checked in about 10pm, with tired children and the desk clerk was very accomodating in giving us extra pillows, blankets, etc. The room was adequate, and it was nice to have a refrigerator, and larger sitting area.

Tried to have dinner at the Casino, and it was so smoky that we walked out. Had dinner at other places (Alec's by Sea, Homeport) and was very disappointed by both, e.g., "grilled oysters" was fried -- everything seemed to be fried. Ended up buying food at the grocery store to get us by.

I hope that the restaurants at Ocean Shores can do something about their food selection. Otherwise, it's a good place for a one-day trip, and that's about it.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed June 28, 2007

this hotel had the rudest manager i've ever encountered in 22 years of hotel stays the rooms r avg. but when i had a complaint the manager would not respond after several attempts. when i finally got ahold of her she was rude and really didnt seem to give a care about paying guests complaints. Ginny Hill has to b the worst ever. The ramada owners should look a little closer at who they hired she should not b in that position i would advise staying far away from this hotel!! -pat smith

2  Thank patBellevueWa_
Reviewed May 21, 2007

The hotel was great. The only thing that would have made it better was if the restaurant offered room service. The indoor waterpark was very popular with the other families staying with young children. The spa offered great massages that I highly recommend. The suite that I stayed in had a wonderful view of the ocean and the beach, the bed was fairly comfortable, and the kitchenette was wonderful for preparing in room food.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2007

I contacted the Ramada directly so I could ask a few questions. They were very kind and patient with me on the phone, which is when they informed me of a family package special they were running. We got a room for our family, two 1/2 hour massages, free meals, breakfast-lunch and dinner, during our stay, and free passes to the water park. All for $500! It was an incredible little getaway for us and our three kids! The service was wonderful at the restaurant, the food was great (my kids didn't get sick of it at every meal for two days!) and the water park was awesome! We come to Ocean Shores every summer and stay in our condo and my kids have already asked if we can eat at the restaurant and do the water park while we're here this summer! It was a perfect place if you have a family!

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank diodejudo
Reviewed February 12, 2007

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever encountered the staff was rude, the bed was dirty, the manager hung up on me, we had to park down the street in front of another hotel every time we returned to the hotel, and they charged our card after giving us a receipt for $0.00 charges and without a signature. I did not recieve a receipt for the charges on my account. Horrible, I would never stay there again. We stay at numerous hotels across the country and this is the worse experience I have ever had!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WA_Travel_agent
Reviewed September 24, 2006

We recently stay here on a Army marriage retreat. The staff were excellent, especailly the North Shores Grille. They were extremely respectful and went out of their way to show appreciation to our soldier and the families. Also, the waterpark was perfect for the kids.
The rooms were perfect. Our air conditioner was not working, we called and told the front desk and within 10 minutes, we had a new air conditioner.
We will stay here on our next trip to Ocean Shores

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family