“Best nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel!”

Quinault Sweet Grass Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Wasn't sure what to expect since my husband made the reservations for my birthday but I didn't have any complaints! Good location, Friendly Staff, and the Cleanest room I have ever seen. Also fairly large. Oh , and I am a really light sleeper so I usually sleep terrible in hotels but I have to say the bed was the perfect firmness and I slept great even on the ground floor!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 5, 2009

This hotel is very new, we booked on Wyndham Rewards website, it was free with our points we'd accumulated. We got the king suite, room 319. Clerk at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful, the room was immaculate, spotlessly clean. Free wi-fi. Cannot rate the restaurant as it was closed but I cannot find a single fault with this place.
Penny from Alabama

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Very nice hotel. Clean and comfortable. Just watch out for the centipedes.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2009

arrived friday night first thing in the morning we went and ate at there restraunt and the meal was wounderfull staff was great at pionting us in the right direction on were to go rooms were nice and clean love that they have coffee makers in the rooms i need my coffee to start my day the food was great the weekend we were there i would recommend to friends for sure we had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Booked three days online for family fun with kids, 8, 10 and 6 months. The website online had a fabulous picture of a pool with waterpark. I thought what a great place for the kids to play and have fun while dad and I see to the baby. What a joke. There is no waterpark at this hotel. "Sorry that it is closed." I understand, however, please let me know this when I book. Please don't advertise pool and waterslide. After discussing it with the family we decided to find another hotel that at least had a pool to swim in. We thought that due to only being there for only 15 minutes we could check out and check in somewhere else. The clerk would not let us out of out first night. So we stayed, all five of us, locked in our hotel room with nothing to do because it was dark, stormy winds, and pouring rain outside. Not to mention all of Ocean Shores closes at 8:00pm. So I say to you RAMADA...WHERE IS THE POOL? Oh, and when I got home to double check the web site...It had been updated and now has no waterpark pics!! Better late than never. We stayed the rest of our trip happily at the Sands. The kids swam and swam and swam and slept the whole way home.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank mleber
Reviewed February 27, 2009

I find it very sad that only people who want to complain write on these sites and say such awful things. We recently stayed with this hotel and had a wonderful time. Everyone we met was eager to assist us and were very friendly and helpful. they told us the good places to visit and where to go have some fun. The hotel is very clean and we were told its almost 5 yrs old, sure doesn't appear to be! We enjoyed our stay and will tell everyone that will listen this is the best place to stay in Ocean Shores. Attitude is everything, if you don't have a good one why bother traveling, stay home where you can have everything you want and not bother others with your bad attitude and unreasonable demands. then those of us who want to rest and recharge can do it in peace!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank theatregirl9
Reviewed August 12, 2008

We stayed at the Ramada Inn Ocean Shores , Aug 4, 2008. After driving for 8 hours, our children couldn't wait to use the waterpark. To our dismay, the front clerk told us the waterpark was closed.And that we could use the neighboring hotel's pool for 5.00 charge. We choose this place for it's waterpark. Just in case the weather was miserable, the kids still could have fun. I assumed , which was a BIG mistake, that the waterpark would be open because it was summer holidays, and everything would be working, because this is the busy time of year. There was an insert at the end, of the 2nd page confirmation, stating that we should call to see if the waterpark would be opened. I didn't call, because we had booked far in advance, and if there was anything wrong with the pool, that it should be fixed by the time we arrived in August, WRONG, and plus we were on the road quite abit during our holidays and I did't want to call everday to see if the waterpark was opened. Anyways, we decided to talk to the manager the next day. Her name is Ginny Hill !!! After , talking to Ginny for a couple of seconds, we knew it was going to be an up hill battle with her. We found Ginny Hill to be VERY RUDE about the situation at the hotel, She blamed us for the problem, which is fine, I'll take some of the blame, but not all of it. Ginny told us , that if there is a group of 75 , the waterpark will open, gee if you let the guests at the hotel use the waterpark , they would probably have 75 using the waterpark. The waterpark was our main attraction to this hotel. When booking your stay, the Ramada should just state , that the waterpark is CLOSED. And if you get there, and it's running, it's your lucky day. Knowing all of this, we would have never stayed there, we would of saved 175.00/night, gas, travel time and grief. I have never come across such an ugly person, like Ginny Hill. She is the worst person to have for costumer service. Ramada should have a review on the conduct of Ginny Hill. I have sent in a letter to Ramada, in regards to our unpleasant stay, and I just hope, that if there is anyone else who has suffered the raft of Ginny Hill, that they send in an E-mail, and if Ramada hear enough about our Difficult Ginny, maybe they will see that she is not good for their hotel and get rid of her.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank justme0324
ramanager, General Manager at Quinault Sweet Grass Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2008

Unfortunately we could not accommodate this guest. The water Park is closed and we are under construction to build a pool & hot tub which is a more acceptable amenity in the eyes of most of our guests. As for the personal comments of this guest, I make every attempt to resolve issues in a kind and non-confrontational manner. Unfortunately, I can't resolve every issue in a manner that the guest would like. That is what happened in this instance. Please accept my apologies again for not being able to meet your expectations, it was not a circumstance I had control over.