“Poor housekeeping, coffee and toilet seats”

Quinault Sweet Grass Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My family and I enjoyed the Ramada. We read about the facility from a outdated Washington visitors guide book. We called because we were hoping to take advantage of the indoor waterpark that was advertised. We found out the waterpark closed years ago but we decided to go Ramada anyway. We tried it and were delighted. Nice room, the bathroom very comfortable and clean, more than i expected. The beds were comfortable. The attached restaraunt was very convenient and a good place to eat. The ocean theme was a delight, kids enjoyed it. A family friendly community. The staff was cool. The hotel does not have a balcony feature but the pool and hot tub was luxury for us. We had a great experience and are looking to book again soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tammie m
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We made our NYE reservations through the Ramada site. 1st mistake. Should have called them directly. Reserved Upgraded K suite with kitchen, sofa bed and 2 TV's for 4 nights at $74 or $79 a night. Called early in the day to confirm kitchen. Bought tons of groceries so we could eat in room.
Arrived to find Ramada site had put us in just a king suite, no kitchen. Desk did what they could to fix. Stayed in reserved room night 1. While at the desk, a patron walked in needing 2 beds and was given a room for $54. No biggie. Cool price.
Desk called me that night with options. King room with kitchen (won't work, need 2 beds) King suite no kitchen. (won't work, need kitchen) double queen base room with kitchen. Only 1 TV, but I guess we don't have much of a choice. Had to go out night 1 and find someplace to get dinner at 10:30 that would let my underage son in. Wasn't fun.
Next morning went to desk to find out what this would cost me. Was told I could have the new room at $54 (sounds like rack rate, since guy the night before was quoted that) I asked for more of a discount since we had to eat out the night before and that morning (wasting our groceries) but was told this was not an option. Fine. Total quoted while we were sitting in the chairs was $246.35 for the 4 nights. BUT, when we got to the desk, I was charged $268.75. I asked why it was that and was told that since we were staying 4 nights, there was an additional fee? Really? From the time we were sitting in the chair to the time we walked to the desk? I was given a "free breakfast" coupon for my troubles. At this point, I was tired of the circles and just paid it. I firmly believe I was over-charged $59.99 a night and not $54 a night I was quoted. All in all, most of the desk staff was very helpful. We never got the room we wanted, my son did not have a second TV, (there is only so much Adult Swim/Cartoon Network a mom can take) and I was overcharged. I know this is long, but I am hoping to get some response from owner. I was told they were not available and the Desk Manager spoke for them. I liked the property and would like to give them another chance. We are there 5-6 times a year. On top of all of that, housekeeping only came in once, and just made beds and left clean towels. I had to go to the desk for dishsoap and shampoo.

Room Tip: If you make reservations through Ramada.com, CALL TO CONFIRM your type of room! Call twice if you n...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jinxedagain
POULSBO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The desk staff was friendly, professional and knowledible. We were referred to a great restaurant for breakfast. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The only downside was that the hotel did not provide any kind of breakfast. There was a kitchen in the room that was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada