“Great place to stay for a low key weekend.”

Quinault Sweet Grass Hotel
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Location was great. Just about everything we needed was within walking distance.

Check-in was quick, our room was ready right away. Everyone at the front desk over the course of the weekend was friendly and helpful.

The room was nothing fancy but was clean and comfortable. Free wireless. Pool and hot tub were clean and open 24 hours.

• Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed April 13, 2011

We stayed on a busy (the entire town was basically sold out) Saturday evening. Our biggest problem, that started from the moment we walked into the door, was the virtually non-existent customer service. We didn't get the type of room I had booked, and when we went to the front desk to ask to be moved, the woman behind the desk acted like she could care less, almost as if we were ruining her day by telling her this. She said there was nothing she could do for us as they were sold out. After some back and forth with her, we finally talked to the general manager who did manage to move some things around and place us in a better room.
Our room was of decent size and had some amenities that we liked (fridge, microwave), but seemed very grungy and not that clean. There was no glaring cleanliness issue, but it just generally lacked a clean feeling.
We heard slamming doors and other noises throughout our stay, I know this is hard to control especially during a busy sold out weekend, but it was not the most soothing environment to say the least.
In the morning, a housekeeper opened our door not once, not twice, but THREE times. No knock, no announcing she was entering the room. This was a good 2 hours before check out time, and we had the do not disturb sign on the door. I have worked in luxury hotels for over 10 years and I can guarantee that rule #1 of any housekeeping department is to announce your presence before entering a room, even if you think the room is vacant. If she had simply knocked, I would not have taken issue with the intrusion. Instead, it was completely unacceptable. We finally had to call the front desk to let them know of the problem and to contact the housekeeper to stop entering our room. No apology, no nothing.
Our check out was very similar to our check in.. a plastic smile, no thank you's, no how was your stay. It was a very unwelcoming experience.
To be fair this hotel is, as far as Ocean Shores goes, at a fairly decent price. However, I would warn anyone that hopes to have a romantic getaway or a quiet evening to look elsewhere. I am big on value when I stay at hotels, however I would have MUCH rather preferred to shell out an extra 50 dollars and stay somewhere I felt taken care of, and that the people really cared about providing service to their guests.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WSR33
Reviewed November 21, 2010

This Ramada was pretty average as far as hotels go.

The staff was always super friendly, but from my experience in Ocean Shores, everyone is friendly.

That being said, this hotel is conveniently located as there is a restaurant next door, an IGA a few blocks away and the beach down the way. Both Hoquim and Aberdeen are only a 30 minute drive at most, and if you're into gambling Quinault Casino is nearby.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank philandkim
Reviewed October 18, 2010

This is a first. I've never complained about a room being too large, but this one pushed the limits! It would be great for a family with kids, who needed to set up extra beds, or room for the kids to play. The TV was so far away from the bed, we could hardly see it. It was nice that it had a kitchenette, which we weren't expecting. It also had a table and chairs for three, plus a desk and chair. Everything was clean, and the staff was friendly. The room had an incredible view. I would stay here again, as long as I could get a discounted price.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Junabeth
Reviewed September 8, 2010

When we arrived a little after check in (3pm) we received our room key and headed up to the second floor.

we were excited to have gotten an "ocean view room" for only 79 dollars.

when i opened the door there were dirty room service plates and towels everywhere. i walked right back out pretty pissed.

i went down calmly and made them aware of the uncleaned room.

they asked me to wait 20 minutes and said they would send a maid right over.

hm..

so i hesitated and gave a look then turned around and sat in the lobby.

she then called me up and said the room right next door was ready which was "a better room anyway"

we walked back up to the second floor and opened the door. it was nice and pretty clean.

i went over to the window to look at the view and YOU CANT EVEN SEE THE WATER

no matter what room you are in at this hotel the ocean will not be visable.

all thats in view is the brush leading to the ocean far,far away.

we were with our 3 year old so we planned to use the pool since the ocean water would probably be to cold.

we drove over to the beach and set up shop. there were dead birds and trash all over the beach.

we didnt stay long.

when we went back to our hotel to use the pool it was closed due to a wedding reception being held.

the man at the desk said he could get us in at the casino/hotel pool down the street.

that infact never happend. it cost 15 dollars to get in to the pool.

the resteraunt there is REALLY good i must say.

after dinner we went to bed. ALL NIGHT WE HEARD THE UPSTAIRS NEIGHBORS

i could tell you the exact conversation they had. i called the front desk at 1am and complained.

it never stopped... all morning...

come to find out they put the wedding party on the top floor. WHY they would do that? i dont know.

parties should be kept on the bottom floor because of this very reason.

that morning i asked for the manager and there wasnt one. they told me to call her on monday.

when i called the front desk lady said SHE WASNT TAKING CALLS. and to leave a message

so i did. and politely said i had some matters id like to discuss with her.

she never called back and its been a month. i did try back a couple more times with no response.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE AT THIS HOTEL. NEVER WILL I STAY THERE BASED ON POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank LoveseeingThisWorld
Reviewed March 25, 2010

My daughter and I planned a last minute trip with her 3 toddlers. We booked two rooms at a very reasonable price. The staff was more than accommodating and the rooms were very clean. We had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to friends, family or business associates.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Wasn't sure what to expect since my husband made the reservations for my birthday but I didn't have any complaints! Good location, Friendly Staff, and the Cleanest room I have ever seen. Also fairly large. Oh , and I am a really light sleeper so I usually sleep terrible in hotels but I have to say the bed was the perfect firmness and I slept great even on the ground floor!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple