New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“First Condo rental experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Nautilus

The Nautilus
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ocean Shores
The Nautilus
You added The Nautilus to your Saves list
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Port Angeles, WA
“First Condo rental experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Overall, our stay in unit 208 at The Nautilus was adequate. The location is great. The view and balcony are very nice. It being an end unit, there is an extra window in the living area which is nice. The kitchen had everything we needed. The bathroom is tiny but functional. The bedroom is also tiny and was our biggest disappointment. They advertise a "new queen bed" in the bedroom. This is FALSE. It may be a new bed but its a double, not a queen. I highly doubt you could fit a queen bed in there. The room is maybe 8x12 feet, if that.

We had the "pleasure" of a small wild child in the unit above us. He literally ran the length of their unit and jumped from the furniture until 10:30pm. This is not the fault of the owner, just bad luck for us.

The manager that I booked with warned me against cleaning our clams in the unit and assured me there was a clam cleaning station outside the property. This is also FALSE. We found a hose on the outside of the building and used our tailgate to clean clams one day but the days with pouring rain we were forced to use a cleaning station at one of the nearby hotels.

We would not stay at this property again, mainly because of the bed.

Room Tip: Rent a top floor unit only
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sequim, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stay here when we want to be at the beach. Dog allowed in some condos. Very functional kitchen, close to beach. Cleaning fee plus pet fee makes it a little pricy, but we sure enjoy it every time we go!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sequim125
Vancouver, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I rented Condo #208, and my parents rented #201 (same owners). We found them through VRBO. The price was good for high season and ocean front, although there are dunes in front and it takes 5 minutes to walk to the beach. You can see and hear the waves at a distance from the 2nd floor balconies. You wouldn't see the water from the 1st floor. There is also no elevator so be prepared to hike up a lot of steps. Each unit has a key box, and the manager sends you the code ahead of time so you let yourself in. There is no onsite manager.

These two units have been nicely decorated and cared for, but the 3 story building is obviously not well constructed. The floors are uneven, you could hear water running in the pipes, and there was lots of thumping noises from the floor above. We noticed this in both condos. Being at the end corners of that floor was nice giving more light and having only one next door neighbor, but it still reminded me of apartment living.
There is no daily housecleaning, but they do leave you enough towels for the stay. We could have used more washcloths...our unit only had two provided for the 3 day stay, and Unit 201 only had one. The Wi-Fi worked fine, although a bit slow. There was supposed to be faster plug in access for our computer cable instead of using the less secure Wi-FI, but we couldn't get it to work. Two packages of coffee were left for use over 3 days, so fortunately we brought our own.
The kitchen was well supplied for cooking, and everything seemed in good repair. The bed was ok...not great, but not bad. Room 201 had stains on the white carpet that needed cleaning, so I notified the manager when we got back. There's also no info in the units on local restaurants, sights or a map. Be prepared to get your own.
Deer grazed down below the balconies each day, which was fun to watch. The location is easy access to the town.
For the price, these attractive units are a good deal at the beach, particularly when they offer a rent 2 days, get one free.

Room Tip: If you stay at the Nautilus and don't mind stairs, stay at least on the 2nd floor so you have a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank colt123
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I love it.Price so low but so great.You must stay here!I am really picky but this is great!If you don't stay here your loss.I will always stay here.I travel a lot!!!I have many experience at hotels.I came home and started bragging a lot!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Dog1234567
SeaTac, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was our first time renting a condo at the Nautilus and it was an exceptional choice! The condo was clean, made fully functional for a longer ocean stay, great location and the price was very reasonable. I would recommend condo # 201, as it was ideal for our family of 3. April was a nice time to visit Ocean Shores, however, next time we are going to come in August. We have recommended the Nautilus to all of our family friends and will continue to rent here for all future stays.

Room Tip: We loved condo #201, but have not tried any others.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We wanted to take a "staycation" staying in Washington but having a vacation! We decided to go the rental route and it was the right choice! The condo was beautiful, excellent location close to the beach, clean and very well decorated! Having your own little escape with a fire place, view and plenty of activities made our winter vacation a great one! I definitely recommend renting a condo at the Nautilus when visiting Ocean Shores!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dab206
Bothell, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I’ve been spending time the last few summers up at Ocean Shores but last summer was the first time I rented the Nautilus condo and I can guarantee that next summer I will do the same. The home was in perfect, pristine condition, it had an amazing location and the price was perfect for what I was looking for. If you spend time at Ocean Shores or if you’ve never been before, I recommend checking this place out. You will not regret it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family